PDA

View Full Version : New Service Idea

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2004, 01:36 PM
i have a idea for a new service to offer high end clients. if they have a dinner party and need a touch up for the evening/nite. but what would i charge?

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 03:25 PM
what do you mean by touch up? Like a quick maintenance of the lawn/landscaping?

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2004, 03:40 PM
edge, trim if needed, blow off the drive/walk ways. tidy up the landscape planting removal any trash from the planters.

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 04:20 PM
it couldn't hurt to try. It's not like you need any new equipment, just maybe a flexible schedule for these last minute callers. Of course you would put in a nice "last minute" charge in there though

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2004, 04:22 PM
well its not like the richies cant afford it :waving:

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 04:27 PM
that is true :)

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC.
11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Thats not a bad idea but if you are time strapped, it could be dangerous. Dont want to piss off the others when you dont make it on time because you were off at another place doing a special touch up job. I think if you are time strapped, you would have to charge plenty of dinero to even contemplate this idea. Just my 2 cents.

drsogr
11-18-2004, 10:10 PM
ICC you amaze me! I get a chuckle out of all your ideas. How would you market this service? If they are "rich" wouldn't their yards already be well manicured?

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2004, 10:22 PM
ICC you amaze me! I get a chuckle out of all your ideas. How would you market this service? If they are "rich" wouldn't their yards already be well manicured?

ok, say i do there lawn on a monday and they have a dinner party on friday or sat and need a touch up---- and besides its just a idea

work_it
11-18-2004, 10:33 PM
That's usually when they just call me up and ask if I can show up on a time other than their regular schedule. Some of the cheapest people I work for have more money than they could spend in a life time. They would rather throw away money on tangible items like a $5000 purse or $8000 shoes. But that's just my experience and doesn't hold true for all rich people.

shepoutside
11-18-2004, 10:43 PM
I have a few customers that call me for this type of service. One has many business parties at his house, and we go over everything before hand, and then we do a clean up after too. Just be warned, most of the time, this happens on the weekends, and you need to be available when then need you. I charge a premium rate, payup as this is on weekends, or holidays.

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2004, 10:55 PM
well the only thing i have going on the weekends is NASCAR but thats whats a DVR is for. SEE i was not out of my mind for thinking of offer this. :dizzy:

HOOLIE
11-18-2004, 11:04 PM
It's a good idea. Stuff like this appeals to rich folk, its another feather in their cap "My lawn guy runs over on short notice to spruce the place up, does YOUR lawn guy do that..." That's their mentality anyway.

If your route is pretty tight it would work, otherwise you might have to drive out of your way, might not be worth it even for the extra cash. In that case, you might only want to offer it to your more centrally located customers.

drsogr
11-19-2004, 09:31 AM
In theory its good, but I still don't understand how you would advertise this service. I would only offer it to customer I already have, otherwise you might get some people who are not so rich with 100 toys scattered among their yard wanting a full cleanup for $30.

Frontier-Lawn
11-19-2004, 10:49 AM
In theory its good, but I still don't understand how you would advertise this service. I would only offer it to customer I already have, otherwise you might get some people who are not so rich with 100 toys scattered among their yard wanting a full cleanup for $30.

read what i wrote on the first post:
i have a idea for a new service to offer high end clients. if they have a dinner party and need a touch up for the evening/nite. but what would i charge?

this means i would already have there lawn account!!!!!!!!! ;)

Team Gopher
11-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi icc1701a,

How about also doing outdoor lighting and decoration?

Frontier-Lawn
11-19-2004, 10:53 AM
im trying to find a place i can get that stuff wholesale and not have to duy at lowies or hd (already offer this) but thanks for the thought

Lux Lawn
11-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Not a bad idea for extra cash maybe 1.5 times your normal rate.

Meadowbrook
11-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Where the heck do you guys find these people? Or do they find you? I know a couple guys that do holiday lighting, but me personally, even if I did have enough money to blow (thats my opinion) on having christmas lights put up, I wouldn't, I really don't see the mentality. Please somebody, explain this to me. Is it to show off that people got bucks? Maybe make their neighbors jealous? I just don't get it..... ;)

Chris

dcondon
11-19-2004, 08:54 PM
ok, say i do there lawn on a monday and they have a dinner party on friday or sat and need a touch up---- and besides its just a idea

charge them regular price ...........plus a quick notice fee!!!

shepoutside
11-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Where the heck do you guys find these people? Or do they find you? I know a couple guys that do holiday lighting, but me personally, even if I did have enough money to blow (thats my opinion) on having christmas lights put up, I wouldn't, I really don't see the mentality. Please somebody, explain this to me. Is it to show off that people got bucks? Maybe make their neighbors jealous? I just don't get it..... ;)

Chris
In my case, many of these people are big business owners, and have lots of toys. But for them to get to that point, they spend alot of time traveling to make the deals. They spend there time, doing what they do best, to make the big bucks. The service like we are talking about, is a thorn in there side, and they would rather job it out. I am who they now trust, to call first. If I can't do it, I'll sub it out to who I know can do it. They call me from all over, and know that whatever the request is, I'll make sure it's done. I've had very weird, and radical requests, but also made them very happy too. This is not a service for most, but then I also do requests for seniors too, just for smaller charges :) Lots of possibilities, just never be afraid to try something new, you will be amazed what people will pay for payup

GreenMonster
11-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Ya know, here's another one that maybe could be advertised:

I had two customers this year have me do "renovations", because they were putting their homes on the market. Some of the items included new mulch, new edges and/or beds, new sod (small area) shrub trimming, perennial installs. With the price of real estate, a couple grand could be money well spent to help sell your house quicker.

jerryrwm
11-20-2004, 03:35 AM
im trying to find a place i can get that stuff wholesale and not have to duy at lowies or hd (already offer this) but thanks for the thought

Check with John Deere Landscapes. They carry several top of the line lighting lines. Also check with most irrigation supply houses.

The lines they carry are probably going to be more expensive than the Box Store brands, but the quality is something you don't have to apologize for.

Frontier-Lawn
11-20-2004, 09:24 AM
cool, they are about 5miles from my house in venice

YardPro
11-20-2004, 08:07 PM
we perform this service for our clients.
since most of our homes are vacation homes, and are pretty nice, our clients entertain alot.

they will call me ahead and we will do whatever is needed.

CHARGE MORE THAT THE NORMAL RATE.

for example we had a client that called and wanted flowers in lage nice pots around her decks for a wedding reception they were having.

cost her $3500.00. she and her friends were thrilled, and now we make several hundered/year more maintaining them