PDA

View Full Version : the games customers play with contracts

bobbygedd
11-18-2004, 03:30 PM
did you ever have a client take the contract, and try to twist things around, to make you look like you weren't doing your job? ok, check it out, when i write up a contract, i list THE SERVICES THAT WILL BE PROVIDED, under the contract. my "full service contract" lists what is considered FULL SERVICE, and gives an explanation of each. example: mowing: "lawn will be mowed on a weekly basis from april 15th-oct. 15th. clippings will be dispersed back into the turf. front walkways will be edged mechanically every 2-3 visits as needed to maintain, turf to be line trimmed to finish where mowers cannot reach." etc. each service has an explanation/definition. weeding of beds, is considered an "extra" add on item, and can be listed as such in an area provided. this client had no add ons, her service contract was fert program, shrub trimming twice annually, weekly mow, spring and fall cleanup. so she calls, "my beds are loaded with weeds, when are you going to weed them?" i say, "well, it's not included,but i can schedule it for later this week, and just add it to your bill @$45 per hour." she says, "why isn't it included?" i say, "cus it aint. read the contract." she calls back, "i've been over this contract several times, i don't see where it says that weeding IS NOT included." i said, "we don't list services that are EXCLUDED, only services that are INCLUDED." she keeps going on and on about the contract, and that it doesn't say WEEDING IS NOT INCLUDED. so i ask her, "under the contract, do i have to walk your dog?" she says, "no, why would you say that?" i say, "cus, by your mentality, the contract doesn't state that DOG WALKING IS EXCLUDED, therefor, it must be INCLUDED." needless to say, another thorn removed from my side.

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 03:59 PM
that is too funny bobby. You did make a good point though about walking the dog

Gene $immons
11-18-2004, 04:00 PM
i don't know why you people have so many problems with your customers.