PDA

View Full Version : urgent Q please help

Rollacosta
11-18-2004, 02:58 PM
hi guys i have just bought a new truck 4x4 nissan 2.5 diesel turbo inter-cooled ..the problem is i need to use it asap to tow a trailer and stump grinder ..the manual/handbook says it should not be used for towing until it has done 1000 + miles a present it has only done 50 miles if i used it is there a high or low possibility of me doing some serious damage to the truck..thanks for any replies :) p.s if i did use it to tow it would only be around town and i would be doing a max of 30 mph

ztoro
11-18-2004, 03:08 PM
hi guys i have just bought a new truck 4x4 nissan 2.5 diesel turbo inter-cooled ..the problem is i need to use it asap to tow a trailer and stump grinder ..the manual/handbook says it should not be used for towing until it has done 1000 + miles a present it has only done 50 miles if i used it is there a high or low possibility of me doing some serious damage to the truck..thanks for any replies :) p.s if i did use it to tow it would only be around town and i would be doing a max of 30 mph

i wouldnt mess around during the break in period... That can affect the rest of the trucks life...

Go buy a piece of sheet rock and rent the homedepot truck....

lsylvain
11-18-2004, 03:41 PM
I would think it would be alright. Just like any new motor there ususally needs to be a break in period before you run the motor hard. It gives all the working parts to wear grooves and stuff. That's why you arn't suposed to run a new trimmer at full throttle until after at least the first tank of gas.

Call the dealer just to be sure.

olderthandirt
11-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I was always taught you break them in the way you want them to run ! But with only 50 miles I would take it easy with it but you should not have any problems. As long as your not towing at the top of the tow rating.

Mac

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I would be more worried about it being towed around town, than on the highway. Because you have the constant stop and go in town.

dvmcmrhp52
11-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Don't do it.
Towing heavy equipment before the rings are seated correctly will show up in engine performance down the road.
If you are only going a few miles and will take it easy, maybe,but other than that I think your investment is worth a bit more time to break in the motor.
Diesels are meant to last a good long time,why shorten it?
Rent a truck for the day.

Rollacosta
11-18-2004, 07:19 PM
thanks friends for all of your sound and good advice i will not use the truck until it has run in and done 500 miles i was told by the dealer that the truck should have done 1000 miles before it is used for towing, i have since read the hand book through and it turns out it is only 500 miles

jimmyq
11-18-2004, 07:20 PM
rolla. put the back end up on jacks, put it in 3rd gear and let it idle its way to 1000 if you need it. :)

Rollacosta
11-18-2004, 07:34 PM
good idea ,did you see the cork screw wood spliter ,that worked of the rear wheels of a jacked up car or truck ..i saw a video of it somewhere on the net when i was doing a search for a log splitter it work great

Runner
11-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Are you still here??? You should be out cruisin'! :cool2:

Albemarle Lawn
11-21-2004, 11:02 PM
The only diesels we can get here are big pickups, VW TDI cars, and the Mercedes E320 CDI.

I wish Toyota and Nissan would bring diesels here. I really want to buy a Landcruiser 100 series diesels but can't get it here. I bought a Mercedes E320 CDI earlier this summer and I love the car, its STRONG.

BTW I am a long time diesel nut....you should be OK loading the Nissan, just go easy on it. They say the same thing here for the big pickups, but also install the same engines on transit busses and 30,000 lb trucks that are heavy without towing anything.

Rollacosta
11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
a friend of mine has just bought a landcruiser colorado 3 liter deisel ,wow what a car ..i have put 470 miles on the truck she's off to work in the morning..take a look at the truck i bought nissan navara double cab www.nissan.co.uk