PDA

View Full Version : early xmas gift

bobbygedd
11-18-2004, 04:39 PM
well, another one of these, "can you cut my grass" , but it's covered with leaves arguments. i quit grasscutting at her house. it was mid october, the leaves were falling, and i don't pick up leaves for the price of a grasscut. i asked her if she needed leaf removal, she said no. ok, see ya. she calls like 3 weeks ago, "i need you to cut my grass again." ok, i go over there, i run the machine over it, weedwack, leave a horrible mess, and start packing up. she's just pulling in from the store. i'm just leaving. she sees the mess, " what is this?" of course i charge her like a rabid pitbull, "this is your grasscut. i hope you like it." "no, no, i need this mess cleaned up." i say, " WELL, THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR! you asked for the grass to be cut, it's cut! if you wanted a cleanup, you SHOULDA ASKED FOR A CLEANUP. it's alot more money, i'm not a mind reader you know!!!" she says, in a shaky voice, "please clean the leaves?' i say, "ok, but, now i have to unload again, i'm charging for a grasscut, AND a cleanup." i proceed. while i'm in the backyard, she comes out with a box, with a big red ribbon on it. i say, "what's this?" she says, "it's for you." i say, "is it ticking?" she says, "no, it's a xmas gift for you." i say, "well, leave it on the picnic table, i'll take it when i leave. thank you very very much." and there is my HAPPY story for the day

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 05:09 PM
what is in the box???? :)

olderthandirt
11-18-2004, 05:13 PM
So what was in the box? Could have been a steaming big pile of dog crap! Theres your merry christmas pit bull LMAO

Mac

chevyman1
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Mother Goose couldn't have told a better tale herself....haha :rolleyes:

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 05:25 PM
is that your only "Happy" story of the day that you get from dealing with customers?

bobbygedd
11-18-2004, 05:31 PM
pretty much. it was a wallet. a dockers wallet

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
to keep all the money in it that she claims you ripped off from her for mowing right? :)

jwholden
11-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Bobby,

That was a beautiful story.

I never had a client wrap anything for me, but I got pizza for lunch once. :)

rodfather
11-18-2004, 06:29 PM
My guess would have been it was a brand new, shiny shovel with a big red bow tied on the end LOL.

GrassBustersLawn
11-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Did the sweet little old lady change the pit bulls heart from one of stone, with her thoughful Xmas gift? More importantly, did she PAY FULL PRICE for the cleanup! :)

Mike

Lazer_Z
11-18-2004, 07:49 PM
More importantly, did she PAY FULL PRICE for the cleanup! :)

Mike

Mike, Not to be an @ss but did you have to ask that??? You know ol Bobby said "Ok lady cut the cr@p pay me and let me get home i've got drinkin to do"
J/K w/ Ya Bobby your a good guy in my book.

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 07:51 PM
What would have been hilarious if the woman stuck a little note in the wallet that said, "Bite me Bobby!"

Lazer_Z
11-18-2004, 07:54 PM
tideman ya got mine beat by a longshot. LOL

bobbygedd
11-18-2004, 08:04 PM
i actually got mad about the gift. i mean, why do they have to put me in the position of having to try and be nice to them? i'd prefer if we keep a professional relationship, you know, with me being the boss. damn right she paid full price for the cleanup, and the grasscut too.

Lux Lawn
11-18-2004, 08:47 PM
More importantly, did she PAY FULL PRICE for the cleanup! :)

Mike

Probably paid double the price to fill the new wallet faster. :)

1MajorTom
11-18-2004, 08:49 PM
She must have known you've been bad this year, and knows that Santa won't be visiting your house. She figured you might as well get one gift. ;)