PDA

View Full Version : Largest Fall Clean up bill this year

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 07:39 PM
What is the largest amount that you have charged for a fall clean up this year? What was involved (terrain, amount of leaves, etc) and the approx sq ft of the property?

impactlandscaping
11-18-2004, 07:46 PM
15K property, residential, 2 Stihl BP's, LW push blower, 11 HP Trac Vac, pretty flat open land with minimal beds , etc. in the open yard. Live oak trees, red oak, white oak, maple, and river birch, plus a bunch of pine nettles from the neighboring park...grand total $ 900.00 for six hours(12 man hours ) time..that was the first one, we have since cleaned it up 3 more times with the Stander/ GG combo at an avg. of $ 185-215.00, so for the year total at this account, it will be close to $ 1500.00 or more

Mico Landscaping design
11-18-2004, 08:15 PM
we did our best one today.. which covers 7 hours with 7 people... some are new people just for fall clean up that day... $1800 thats cheap.. last year is was double that.. took 7 guys 18 hours to do the same job..

Jackman
11-18-2004, 10:36 PM
My high will be around 900 dollars but it breaks down to 3 clean ups (many Maple and Oaks) at 2-3 hours each time and I haul all the leaves away

maelawncare
11-19-2004, 01:13 AM
man, so far my highest is just over $1000. And i do it all by myself. IT SUCKS

HOOLIE
11-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Years ago at my old job we did a clean-up every year, it was usually around 3 days for 3 men. Man did it suck big time. About an acre of turf, plus a few acres of horse pens. Leaves so deep we'd just lay the tarp down and start piling them on, no need to blow anything at first. No idea what my boss charged them, that was on a "need to know" basis.

Lawn-Scapes
11-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Bill.. help me understand why it takes that long to do a 15K property. I don't do a whole lot of leaf jobs but I've done larger lots than the one you described in much less time.

impactlandscaping
11-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Tom, this particular lot sits by a city park, there is no access to the back yard area for the one ton and Trac Vac, so everything back there has to come around to the front for vacuuming.The house also has 6 sunken window wells, and I forgot to mention, 14 very mature , very large canopy oaks and maples.The propert is fronted on two sides by a 2' stone culvert, which gets heavy and wet.The first cleanup of the fall also included in that 12 man hours, about three for stick/ branch removal from dead wood knocked out in a big windstorm.The box on my truck holds 7.1 cubic yards of shredded / vacuumed leaves, and we had to dump it three times.. After that one, we have spent about 45 minutes to an hour every other week blowing everything into the yard, and collecting with the Standers.

Lawn-Scapes
11-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Well that explains it. :)

I was seriously considering getting a Pro Vac for my Dixie and a leaf loader for my truck but now I'm thinking it would be a waste of money. I haven't had a job where my Choppers could not make most of the leaves disappear.

impactlandscaping
11-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah Tom, I'm really digging the Standers with GrassGobbler setups this fall. We have mulched and bagged a few yards that were covered in 6-8" of leaves with no problems. In the deep leaves, they get stuck between the front casters, acting like a plow. As you push them across the yard, they are being continuously sucked under the deck. We get the leaves in a central part of the yard, go over them first, then put the bags on, and go over them again, reducing them yet again. When the baggers are emptied, the leaves are pulverized like dust. On regular weekly cleanups on a few accounts, I have put the mulching plate on and went over the lawn with no bagging. This has allowed us more cleanup options this fall, and not required the larger equipment on many accounts, freeing it up for HOA removals and subbing to other LCOs.

Lawn-Scapes
11-19-2004, 02:06 PM
I went and looked at what would be the largest and most challenging leaf job this morning. Looks to be 35,000- 40,000 sf with a 3" blanket of leaves. I have a woodline to work with and priced it at $720. I'm hoping I can have it done in 7 hours. If it takes 10.. I'd still be okay.

outsidepride
11-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Heres ares we do it yearly we just blow off the driveway every week until leaves are down not one inch of grass, all ground cover 45000 Sqft

packerbacker
11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Heres ares we do it yearly we just blow off the driveway every week until leaves are down not one inch of grass, all ground cover 45000 Sqft

Nice house, looks like alot of fun cleaning that one up
:rolleyes:

Mine is about .5 acre. Lots of trees on side yard. Backyard is small with pool. Takes me about 2 hours to mulch leaves and then bag. I do it about 5 times through the fall and winter and charge them about 150 per cleanup.

Duramax99
11-19-2004, 03:50 PM
$4,200 for a cemetary. 20 yards of leaves. 3 days for nine guys. Extra time for sucking up all the leaves. We have already done it once, we get to have another 3 day affair after thanksgiving.

AintNoFun
11-20-2004, 06:55 PM
$4,200 for a cemetary. 20 yards of leaves. 3 days for nine guys. Extra time for sucking up all the leaves. We have already done it once, we get to have another 3 day affair after thanksgiving.

damn 200+ labor hours... how much do you pay your guys?

tonygreek
11-20-2004, 07:02 PM
our biggest was a 3/4 acre property, with leaf removal, bed clean-outs, vegetable garden clearing/till, and hedge trimming. 35 man hours, $2k.

tony

Kelly's Landscaping
11-20-2004, 07:26 PM
I cut them a break and charged only 950 I could not charged 1200 since the truck got filled and ate some hours getting in dumped. That ground cover is nasty but you have not lived too you do beds that cover 3/4ths of a 1 acre lawn where at the thickest they are 40 feet deep. And instead of the wussy stuff I saw in the pics the plants are mature 15 feet tall hollies and rodies 40 foot tall blue atlas cedars everything is huge. Now keep that in mind and then have them grow into each other and you have found a new meaning of hell.

Duramax99
11-20-2004, 08:51 PM
$8.00 dollars an hour for Labor
$17.50 for top forman

Everyone else averages out in between

Jackman
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
$8.00 dollars an hour for Labor
$17.50 for top forman

Everyone else averages out in between

These are Long Island wages :dizzy: , I would have thought double that or more..... Up here in the sticks nobody works for 8 dollars