PDA

View Full Version : ECS vs Pistol Grip

Ability
11-18-2004, 11:28 PM
I currently have pistol grip handles on my WB. I like how it handles and the control I have over the mower.

However, I do not like when I come close trees and larger shrubs because my knuckles rub against the object.

The Exmark ECS handles are supposed to help this problem.

For those that have used both the ECS and the Pistol Grip handles on their WB. Which do you like better?

I would demo the Exmark but the dealers in this area only allow you to demo the riders.

Thanks

JKOOPERS
11-18-2004, 11:35 PM
the ecs is awsome no more cramps in the hands . the neutral locks are also easier to use

HOOLIE
11-18-2004, 11:41 PM
The ECS are much more comfortable, after having used both styles. The only thing I like the pistol grips better for is for whenever you need to pop the deck up a bit to keep from scalping. Your hands are in a better position with the pistol grips for this.

dvmcmrhp52
11-18-2004, 11:55 PM
The ecs handles are more comfortable for the user, however I don't see any real advantage when getting too close to an object such as a tree,you'll still lose some skin...............

tiedeman
11-19-2004, 12:01 AM
the problem to think about as well is going under trees, like pine trees, you are going to get caught, and possibly worse up end the front of the mower

geogunn
11-19-2004, 12:13 AM
another advantage to the ECS is if you are walking TOO close to the handles and the rear wheels drop in a hole, you don't get a pistol grip in the below the belt area.

GEO

John Gamba
11-19-2004, 07:25 AM
The OPC's on the ECS are very uncomfortable after a while. Pushing on two metal bars is no fun. Also if you put a sulky on and hang the sulky they now are to fare back and make the mowers front end jump up and the sulky will hit in places you will not like.

In the pic you will see that the sulky is about three inches back.
John

rodten
11-19-2004, 08:17 AM
No comparison, I've used pistol grips for years and about 4
months ago I bought a Exmark 48" w/ECS, so much easier
on the hands. Also we have Toro's with the Tbar, I prefer the
ECS :blob3:

Ability
11-19-2004, 11:57 AM
thanks for all of the replies