PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

Psych-O
11-19-2004, 01:12 AM
"Excalibur Lawn Service" or "O-zone Lawn Service" ?? :help:
Wife likes O-zone cause my first name starts with an O. I like the sound of Excalibur. Just opinions on which sounds better as a business name. :dizzy:

HOOLIE
11-19-2004, 01:13 AM
I think ozone has a negative connotation associated with it. I'd go with Excalibur.

stevo22
11-19-2004, 06:47 AM
how about commoniwannalawnya....oh wait, that wasn't one of your choices..

Littleriver1
11-19-2004, 09:17 AM
I don't like eather. 1st National Bank or O National Bank? Excalibur sound like a military operation, guns and stuff. At 50 yds at 50 mph, Excalibur will look like Excavator. When people see O Zone they will think PETA. Wack - O. Your name should be outstandingly neutral to all. My friend O is, quiet, calm, undisturbed, secured, trusting, trusted, reliable, timely, affordable, credible, friendly, equipment ready, johnny on the spot kind a guy. Every one wants their name to say something. People don't gave a crap what your name is. They want to know about your character, and are you going to show up or not? Are you going to leave me with a post card look, or are you going to brake into my house when I'm not home? Let your work say all that for you and it takes a while to build trust. Bad news travels very fast and it take a long time to out live. Why pick a name that sends a signal out ahead of you that some people may find a question with? When you cut a yard and are gone and the customer pulls in the drive, you should hear them say "WOW" 3 blocks away.

tiedeman
11-19-2004, 11:03 AM
definetly not the O-Zone

65hoss
11-19-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't really like either. Large companies that have salesman that deal with customers can use names that don't reflect the owners. But small and medium size companies are more personal. You want your name know. You want people to recognize you. The exposure gets you the biz. This is all my opinion, but I draw that conclusion based on experience.

Smithers
11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
i agree with littleriver....

Excalibur is too uptight, to "strict", marine sound to it.

O zone....you will get questions if your equipment is hurting the O-zone layer.

Psych-O
11-19-2004, 10:19 PM
What about "Sir Cuts-A-Lot" ?

Psych-O
11-19-2004, 10:36 PM
I think I'm going with "Elite Ground Care". :blob3:

Psych-O
11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Anyone?????

Lbilawncare
11-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Why don't you just use your last name? People will remember your name better than they will remember Elite or Excaliber.

out4now
11-20-2004, 12:12 AM
I like Excalibur, O-zone makes you sound like an environmentalist company that will mow the yard with pygmy goats while you're wearing sandals.

Psych-O
11-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Lbilawncare, most people can't even pronounce my last name "Munoz" let alone remember it! Most usually pronounce it "Munzo"! :angry: Just been my experiences, so I don't think this is a wise move for a business name. But thanks anyway.

JimLewis
11-20-2004, 03:38 AM
I agree with many of the replies. I didn't like either of the first two options.

But "Elite Ground Care" is a great choice! I like that one. Stick with that!

YardPro
11-20-2004, 09:29 AM
i have to jump on the popular vote.
niether really flips my flounder

Likestomow
11-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Sir Cuts a Lot is a good one, but people might become confused wondering if you mean you cut lots (property) , or if you cut a whole lot.

Mo Green
11-20-2004, 10:15 AM
When I hear Excalibur, I think of King Arthur and the knights of the round table. O-zone reminds me of that dude from the movie Breakin' that came out in the '80s. To me neither one sounds very professional. I like names that reflect the type of work we do. Sometimes using a location word from your area helps to. Such as "Bent Ridge Lawn Care".

Elite Lawn and Landscape
Elite Lawnscapes
Pefect Cut Lawns
Quality Lawn Care
Area's Best Lawn Service
LawnPro
Pro Lawns
Curb Appeal Professional Lawn Service(my biz name)
The list goes on......

shepoutside
11-20-2004, 10:20 AM
I think I'm going with "Elite Ground Care". :blob3:
Much Better IMO :cool:

dcondon
11-20-2004, 10:38 AM
definetly not the O-Zone

I agree with you Troy :)

Psych-O
11-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Thanks to all who replied. I am going to use "Elite Ground Care" :cool: Thanks Jim for your positive reply on the name. :waving:

YardPro
11-20-2004, 04:54 PM
i like that one as well.
it makes a good one worn name also.

"elite does our lawn"