PDA

View Full Version : comming up with a business name

stevesmowing
11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
This year i used Steve's Professional Lawn Services. I have thought about changing it next year and come up with a name to stick with that is short. Any ideas as developing a catchy creative name?

drsogr
11-19-2004, 10:47 AM
I looked at names of the new neighborhoods going in. They usually come up with great landscape names!

Littleriver1
11-19-2004, 12:31 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=88815
Steve's anything is too generic. Most new businesses fail for one reason or another, it's a fact of life. The fail factor is never included in a business plan. The fact that they fail is not always a direct reflection of the owner. I have never seen a complied list of the reason for failure but I'm sure it's a long one. If, and you probably will fail, then why would you tie your good name to something that went down in flames. Most seccussful businesses are restarts of failed businesses. There is no rule as to how many times you can do a restart. If your name is Lake Side Lawn Service and you do a restart as Lake Area Lawn Service no one will connect Steve to the failed factor. Steve's LLC just doesn't do it for me. Don't be afraid of failure and don't be ashamed of it eather. It's a great education and those that have never tasted it are missing a great adventure in the world business. The first one across the finish line is not the only winner.

chimmygew
11-19-2004, 12:43 PM
The Lawn Salon

tiedeman
11-19-2004, 12:49 PM
you have to consider some things, for example if your name is well known in the community then use your last name. People will recognize that more. But I feel if you live in a larger community it is better for a creative name

impactlandscaping
11-19-2004, 01:34 PM
How about a list of services you offer and the targeted clients you seek, i.e. : residential, high end residential, commercial, etc..