PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cards

Husky03
11-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Do you guys send out holiday cards to your regular customers? What should be included in the card? I have to raise prices for next season, but I would not think this would be the place to put that. What do you include?

Thanks...

Randy J
11-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I agree, I wouldn't put anything but Holiday wishes in the card. I would suggest putting their name in the card, and singing personally. I know the personal touch goes a long way with me, verses the pre-printed cards.

Husky03
11-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Personalizing would not be a concern beause I will only be sending like 20 or so cards. Do you recomend just a happy holidays card since I do not want to offend when it comes to religion etc.?

Thanks...

HOOLIE
11-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm going to throw caution to the wind and try to send "Merry X-mas" cards. I never asked any customers about their religion, so I would hope nobody would be offended. Plus I'm very anti-political correctness, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I will not be singing personally as someone mentioned above, I have a lousy voice...

Definitely keep your cards friendly. Never make mention of the business, you can do that later in the winter.

Meadowbrook
11-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I send out cute ones, the personalizing thing (to me) isn't a huge deal. Mine have a clever cartoon on the front with a rabbit holding a blow-dryer (like a gun) up to some snowmen, and the one snowman is yelling at the other one to just give him their noses and let him go. Enough to get a chuckle, and on the inside, just Happy Holidays from our family to yours. Fairly simple. Oh, also, I tape a business card to the top half when the card is open, looks mighty nice. Hope this helps.

Chris

tiedeman
11-19-2004, 09:05 PM
I agree, I wouldn't put anything but Holiday wishes in the card. I would suggest putting their name in the card, and singing personally. I know the personal touch goes a long way with me, verses the pre-printed cards.

yup, have to agree 100%.

Husky03
11-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks, I guess I am off to the nearest card outlet :)

jajwrigh
11-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Personalizing would not be a concern beause I will only be sending like 20 or so cards. Do you recomend just a happy holidays card since I do not want to offend when it comes to religion etc.?

Thanks...

Yes! This is a good idea and I have done it for several years!!

Randy J
11-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm going to throw caution to the wind and try to send "Merry X-mas" cards. I never asked any customers about their religion, so I would hope nobody would be offended. Plus I'm very anti-political correctness, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I will not be singing personally as someone mentioned above, I have a lousy voice...

Definitely keep your cards friendly. Never make mention of the business, you can do that later in the winter.

I don't know, the personal singing can go a long way
:) .

I agree about the Merry Christmas. I wouldn't be offended by someone sending me a "happy Ramadan" card - it's the thought that counts. If they're offended by Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever religion you practice, then they're probably jerks that you wouldn't want to serve anyway.

You can follow that up with a card in late January/early February concerning your business. I just find it kind of tacky when someone tries to blatantly capitalize off the holidays. Of course that's what we're doing, we're just trying to not be blatant about it.

Mowingman
11-20-2004, 11:16 AM
NEBS has a huge selection of cards, at very good prices. You can get them custom imprinted in about a week. I ordered mine last Monday, and got them yesterday. Have bought from them for last 5 years.

trinitygrove
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I think that you should send out cards that have very generic sayings... Like Happy Holidays! You don't want to offend any of your customers, that might result in losing them!!!

HOOLIE
11-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Maybe too risky to send any card, customer might be an atheist and be offended you think he believes in anything. X-mas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, they're all at the same time of year, so I agree the thought is what counts. I'm sure a few of my customers are Jewish, but I don't know who they are, hopefully they wouldn't be offended by a 'specific holiday' card.

I will sign all of mine, its a nice touch.

Maybe include one of those "this is what happened over the past year" letters that you get from relatives and friends. Something like "2004 started off well, then the dang truck broke down. Then in May, 4 customers cancelled." Think they'd like that?

kppurn
11-20-2004, 06:25 PM
I send out cards that simply say happy holidays. On the inside I usually have something like "thank you for your business" and company name.

http://www.holiday-cards-unlimited.com

twwlawn
11-20-2004, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=kppurn]I send out cards that simply say happy holidays. On the inside I usually have something like "thank you for your business" and company name.

DITTO. I do this every year.