PDA

View Full Version : OCDC for Scag Tiger Cub?

captaingreen
11-19-2004, 08:37 PM
I read through alot of posts looking for a chute blocker for my cub, but all the manufacturer's seem to have ocdc's for Exmark and a few others but not for my Scag. Does anyone know of a source for my machine, besides Trimmertrap, already tried one of those.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Meg Mo is selling them, I think you can view it on the bad boy mower site. I have one on my tiger cub with a 48'' deck and it works very well
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=84558&page=1&pp=10
this is the thread that tells about them

Mo Green
11-20-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking about adding a Tiger Cub for next season. What do you guys think about the ones you have? Any problems? Do they cut and stripe well? Any mantainance issues?

captaingreen
11-20-2004, 10:45 AM
As far as the quality of the Tiger Cub, it is an awesome machine. I can't say enough good things about it, built tough, quality components, good design, easy maint., and fortuneately in my area I have a great dealer. I have both exmark and scag, my exmarks are wb's, both belt and hydro, they're great machines as well. Dealer support was a major factor in choosing my machines. My Cub is a 52" with a 24 hp Honda, plenty of power.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-20-2004, 10:46 AM
I have a tiger cub, I have put about 375 hours on it this year.It has been a great mower for me and it stripes nice, most of my yards are fescue. As far as maintenece , the machine was well thought out, easy to change oil and lube. If you have to change belts all you need is an 1/2'' ratchet and it is very simple. I broke a belt at about 300 hours but it was my fault and not the machines fault. If you have a good dealer in the area I highly recommend the scag, good machine, nice quality, fair price

Mo Green
11-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the reply GCF. The dealer in my area is very good. This is one of the main reasons for considering the Scag. The other, as you said, is that they seem to be very easy to mantain and work on. The Tiger Cub runs $5995.00 at this particular dealer.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-20-2004, 10:55 AM
that is what i paid for mine but I was in the shop the other day and I was told in 2005 the promotional price will more than likely be 6299 because of steel prices.So check and see cause that is about a 5% increase and that would pay the sales tax here in va.

Mo Green
11-20-2004, 10:59 AM
No doubt. I am going to try and buy it before the end of the year to avoid the price increase. The dealer is STI, and they seem to be very worthy. Where in Va are you located? Who did you buy your's from?

grass_cuttin_fool
11-20-2004, 11:01 AM
I am near Lynchburg Va, about 2 hours west of you. I purchased my mower from Robertson Sales and Service, The owner/salesman name is Blake