PDA

View Full Version : Position ZTR on Trailer?

Husky03
11-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I have a 7' x 10' dump trailer. Where should I set up my fastrap tire chocks for my Z? With it being a dump trailer it has the tendency to lean if to much weight is put on any one corner. Should I just park it on the left or right side over the axle?

Thanks...

Envy Lawn Service
11-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Out ahead of the axle. Now, the easy way to set the chocks up properly is to mark where the center of the tire tread (L/R) is once you have the Z parked where you want it and also mark the axle center (F/R).

Once this is done, take one chock piece and place it centered on the marks. Mark all 6 screw holes. Then slide it forward until the rear side holes line up to the marks. Mark forward 3 holes. Reverse and do the same on the rear side. You should have something that looks like so...

. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .

The above method will easily space your chocks properly so they lift and cradle the tire above the trailer floor.

Oh... be sure to lace in the straps prior to mounting the chock plates. They are a pain to thread after being screwed down.

Husky03
11-19-2004, 10:15 PM
So in front of the axle closer to the hitch correct? Thanks for the info on the Fastraps, I need to get on ordering them. :)

Envy Lawn Service
11-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, that way the weight is biased forward so you dump pin will be free. You may have to put it as close to the front as possible so that when you drive on, the trailer will have already leveled back down before you start to drive into the wheel chocks.

OH I didn't mention you will probably want to set the fastraps up where you drive forward into them. It will be much easier to start with and much easier to line up/drive in since you are new to the unit.