PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone Rake Info/pics plz

Viseras lawn service
11-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey. i was just wondering how the cyclone rake handles behind a tractor. Is it difficult to turn with? I am the type of guy who likes to stripe lawns with the tractor so i do make a few k- turns... i was just thinking if it was possible to just make wide turns with it and still be able to make nice straight lines. Is the trailer tounge stationary like a regular dump cart?
Also can you make perfect turn arounds on a ZTR with this peice of eqiptment or does it require a few more turns to postition it?

Any info or pics of this unit would be great. Thanks

Viseras lawn service
11-19-2004, 09:50 PM
never mind...i watched the video again and i found that it has the dual tongue so it turns on its pivoting wheels, not the trailer hitch. Seems like a great machine because it turns perfectly with the tractor as if it wasn't there.. this must make it very easy to turn around because the unit will not jackknife.

But id like to hear if any of you have had problems with it on a tractor or ZTR....i have only seen one complaint with this unit on this site and it was because the user hit tree branches and the hoses came apart....i can see why this happened but over all it looks like a solid machine.

thanks.

QualityLawnCare4u
11-20-2004, 12:34 AM
Hello Viseras, Im probably the only one on here you saw did not like this thing. I used it behind a JD 133 riding lawn mower and never tried it on my ztr. As I said in my post before if you are in a open area this machine would probably suit you, and they went out of their way to make things right for me even though I had it for 8 months. Good luck in your decision.

Danny

macaw
11-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Like I said on here I have had my Cylone Rake for 6 years and love it could not think of picking up leaves with out it. it also makes a grate bagger for grass.
I pull it with a old MTD riding mower 42" cut 14.5 hp. The only thing to watch for when turning is the tail swing once you get used to that you can take it just about anywhere. You can pull into places and back out easy because it don't
jackknife.