PDA

View Full Version : New To The Site/ Had Questions

CHASE22
11-20-2004, 10:10 PM
I Have Been In Lawn Maintance For 4 Years And Wanted To Broaden My Services To Make My Customers Lawns Look Great! I Recently Recieved My Core And Cat.3b Study Guide To Take The Applicator Test And Read Them Both. I Am Enrolled To Take These Test Next Week.these Books Only Contained About 100 Pages Each And Seemed To Be Pretty General. Is There A Better Place Or Book I Can Go To And Get Better And More Info? Going Into This Field I Thought It Would Be More Comlex And Detailed, Am I Making This Harder Than What It Is, Or Are There Just A Few Basics You Need To Know And Figure The Rest Out On Your Own? Thanks

SodKing
11-20-2004, 10:16 PM
State tests are generally based on the material provided you. Make sure you know and understand the label, PPE, emergency response , environmental protection, mixing and loading, and your individual state laws. Go to the Dept. of Pesticide Control web site if you have any questions regarding state laws etc...

CHASE22
11-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks For The Info!

SodKing
11-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Pleasure...study hard, know what they give you and go in with the attitude, "I am the smartest one in the room."

Good luck

GroundKprs
11-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Chase, the industry is charged with the training, as in most fields. Have you already had on the job training working for a licensed applicator? If not, you cannot just walk in and pick up a 3b license just by passing a test in Indiana.

There are training sessions for the core, after which they give the test. There are also one or two 3b training sessions like that. There is also a 2 day 3b training session, after which the 3b test is given. It is beneficial to attend these training sessions before taking the tests.