PDA

View Full Version : Aps of K in the winter to the landscape

Garden Panzer
11-20-2004, 10:26 PM
I do a K spray at early-mid fall, whenever it is the soil opens up and one can use a shovel with ease. I just read this study on the aps and wondered what everyone thought. As the study says, turf showed an improvement- that given I'm more plant active than turf. I will still do my fall, overseed- high P-K, liquid....but I treat the plants as well...
I wonder though, as things like treated geraniums seem to hang out till x-mas, and sometimes they return for next summer. I have one and a cosmo growing from my patio- that flower and all that. Is it a waste to treat the landscape as well? Mulching starts in Jan. and I use steer manure and sawdust, so I feel like a "micro-mix" helps because soon mulch goes down and I feel like that kinda shuts off any type of "quick" release products. The product I use on the entire site, they are NOT large sites but well manicured- so I can absorb the extra expense- which gets passes along, on these sites, is AGRIPLEX, by www.rootsinc.com the turf gets Fe8 w/ Aplex
My question is... Is it for naught? I feel like I see a marked improvement with the sites I drop aps on as far as stress, traffic, etc. BUT can I get away with Less and am I being irresponseable?

read:
http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/%7ELinda%20Chalker-Scott/Horticultural%20Myths_files/Myths/Marginally%20hardy%20materials.pdf