PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong in this photo?

James Cormier
11-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Can anyone see a problem?

Dman1214
11-21-2004, 10:28 AM
JIm, get me some of that conFront! Did u get my PM?

ArchiesLawns
11-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah...It's a Perma Green!!!!!!

Sorry, James I couldn't resist.

Archie

James Cormier
11-21-2004, 10:50 AM
No you cant have my confront, its the last case from lesco in my area.....I love that stuff.

yes I got the pm

Archie, Your a man of few words....but somehow I new you would respond to that photo.

Now everyone look close, theres a problem that typical PG, can you see it?

cemars
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
I kwow-It's sitting in the shop instead of out making money. Thats what my PG's do most of the year now that I've got the Z-spray.

MrBarefoot
11-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I see a broken weld ....

The connection between the "fertilizer on" lever and the sliding port cover seems to be broken.

I may have an advantage since I own a perma-green also.

Am I right? Did I win anything? payup

philk17088
11-21-2004, 05:48 PM
A pg that needs a bath?

James Cormier
11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Yes a dirty PG is true, but MrBarefoot wins the prize, its in the mail.

Now if you look closer the weld broke off just below the other shaft, so it will not slide from left to right, But if you look closer on the right side the little straight piece of metal is welded on, so that shaft isnt going no where. It cant be replaced. Piss Poor engineering.

My welder says the spray tank & hopper is to close to weld, so to fix this I need to remove the spreader, spray tank and all hoses.

This broke because of the strange pg phenomena of spreading lime, it takes about 1.5 bags to get the slide plate to stick and It was just too much pressure trying to open the spreader. OF course its not there fault, they never claimed it could spread lime ;)

Ric
11-21-2004, 08:08 PM
A pg that needs a bath?

PhilK

actually to put water on any thing used for fertilizing is a death sentence. It is better to keep your spreader in an enclosed area so it doesn't get wet. Of course blowing it off or dusting it with a brush is fine and should be done. Many element of fertilizer are Hydrophilic and that can also cause oxidation to take place. However to water down fertilizer is to start the Oxidation process rolling. Water will push fertilizer dust into Cracks and crevis and Rust will start from there.

MrBarefoot
11-21-2004, 10:09 PM

Now if you look closer the weld broke off just below the other shaft, so it will not slide from left to right, But if you look closer on the right side the little straight piece of metal is welded on, so that shaft isnt going no where. It cant be replaced. Piss Poor engineering.

My welder says the spray tank & hopper is to close to weld, so to fix this I need to remove the spreader, spray tank and all hoses.

This broke because of the strange pg phenomena of spreading lime, it takes about 1.5 bags to get the slide plate to stick and It was just too much pressure trying to open the spreader. OF course its not there fault, they never claimed it could spread lime ;)

Of course there is the proximity of the (undersized and poorly located) fuel tank. Nothing goes quite so well together then gasoline and welding.... :blob2:

James Cormier
11-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Of course there is the proximity of the (undersized and poorly located) fuel tank. Nothing goes quite so well together then gasoline and welding.... :blob2:

HMMM, up in flames, maybe your on to something there Mr Barefoot.. :cool2:

ThreeWide
11-22-2004, 08:14 AM
PhilK

actually to put water on any thing used for fertilizing is a death sentence. It is better to keep your spreader in an enclosed area so it doesn't get wet. Of course blowing it off or dusting it with a brush is fine and should be done. Many element of fertilizer are Hydrophilic and that can also cause oxidation to take place. However to water down fertilizer is to start the Oxidation process rolling. Water will push fertilizer dust into Cracks and crevis and Rust will start from there.

Ric,

So you are saying that I should stop hosing off my stainless steel spreader?

I would have thought that particles stuck down in the hopper would cause even more problems as they oxidize.

Ric
11-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Ric,

So you are saying that I should stop hosing off my stainless steel spreader?

I would have thought that particles stuck down in the hopper would cause even more problems as they oxidize.

Turf

News Flash. Even Stainless Steel Oxides. However instead of the brown rust you see on mild steel it becomes Brittle and Snaps. How SS spreader will wear out before Oxidation gets the SS.

SS spreader are not 100% SS. Now I no longer use push spreaders and will admit my old Lesco SS is still in good shape. However the hole plate has oxide together a time or two and I have had to replace them. When you invest in a power spreader it becomes more important to try and Maintain it, because of the cost.

Maybe our next thread should be Calibration. However if you do a search, Groundskper has posted a Dynamite thread about Calibration a few years ago.

philk17088
11-22-2004, 09:06 PM

Ah... Lime that explains it! I thought you were buying reeeeeaaalllyy dirty fertilizer!

EJK2352
11-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Has anybody seen the new PermaGreen Magnum ride-on??? It looks like they have made a few improvements. I see they went to a single broadcast nozzle for the spray, it's suppose to cover 11'??? A Honda engine, a mechanical spray pump, a different hopper and 12 gallon spray tank.

Doogiegh
11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Do you pee on the 4-drawer filing cabinet or something??? Just curious

Runner
11-23-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm rather curious to see how nozzles mounted 6" above the ground, and in the center, are going to cover 11' wide.

TSM
11-23-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm rather curious to see how nozzles mounted 6" above the ground, and in the center, are going to cover 11' wide.
yeah, my thoughts as well.
they did go with a 2GPM pump which should help but 11 ft? I doubt it. We have centri and ultra units....none get 11 ft

James Cormier
11-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Do you pee on the 4-drawer filing cabinet or something??? Just curious

Someone gave that thing to me back in 89, its been moved from shop to shop, Not sure why it looks like that. But no, ive never peed on it ;)