PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 more truck

GatorLawnCare
11-21-2004, 05:13 PM
i need to get a enclosed truck that i can load with yard trash, chipped trees, ect. any suggestions for brand and or type

Gravel Rat
11-21-2004, 07:30 PM
So essentially what your looking for is a tree chippers truck with a big chip box on it. You should have atleast a F-450 sized truck if you are going to put a 12' chip box on it.

I would go with a F-450 or a F-550 as I prefer Ford trucks some people like the 1.5 ton COE trucks personally I don't like them most of them turn into rust buckets. You get in a crash you have no protection infront of you the only thing infront is the flimsy tin bumper. The other problem is they are front axle heavy get into soft ground the front wheels sink out of sight.

The only good thing about the COEs is the turning radius thats about it. If your working in real tight conditions and you need a big box they have a slight advantage.

The P+D guys I know here that have 1.5-2 ton COE trucks are slower than a turtle and the cheap overseas tin the cab is made out of is rusting right infront of your eyes.

If I was going to buy a COE it probably would be a Hino or a new International CF-500 or CF-600.

Mowingman
11-21-2004, 08:35 PM
The tree chip body trucks turn up used on ebay, and other used truck sites all the time. Usually, they seem to go pretty cheap. I would check out some used truck sites, or look on ebay. The ones I see, are usually high miles, with gas engines. If the price is right, you can always change out an engine or trans. later on if needed.

GatorLawnCare
11-23-2004, 06:51 PM
i was thinking this may work better than a chipp box truck http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63743&item=4506544132&rd=1