PDA

View Full Version : Any Con's to owning a Z-Spray?

Shady Brook
11-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Everything I see is positive with the Z-Spray, does anyone have any problems with them? One concern I have with the rider/sprayers is having the product clog in the hopper, is it more of a concern with a Z-spray, or is it less of a concern. I was leaning toward a Perma-Green, but with some many negative comments, I am looking at the Z-Spray.

Thanks

cemars
11-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Shady Brook, Although my Z-spray is only 10 months old, it has over 450 hours of production, which is just a little less than the combined hours on my 2 PG's that are 2 and 4 years old. Why? Because the PG's never went more than 2 weeks without a problem were as the Z-Spray has had only two down days in its very productive life. Both were simple fixes that were handled immediately by LT Rich. I have previously posted about my 30 second fix to product clogging, remove the agitater arm! Just empty the hopper completely every 3-4 fills and you won't have any problem with clogging. Do yourself a favor and get the Z.

James Cormier
11-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Everything I see is positive with the Z-Spray, does anyone have any problems with them? One concern I have with the rider/sprayers is having the product clog in the hopper, is it more of a concern with a Z-spray, or is it less of a concern. I was leaning toward a Perma-Green, but with some many negative comments, I am looking at the Z-Spray.

Thanks

These are my concerns with the z

1. Method of opening spreader, I dont like the idea of a cable, to easy for it to slip, move or stretch.

2. Size, it is much bigger then the pg, and doesn't have a drop down handle to walk behind when things get steep. Under 36" wide is very important for transport and gates.

3. Non lesco hopper, I think lesco's the best, Ive been spreading with one for 19 years and personally would have a hard time switching.

I dont own one yet, I do own 2 pg's

ant
11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
i have had 2 perm-a greens since 1993 and yes they broke down. i to maybe looking into the z spray and interested in the con's of owning one.
i e mailed lt rich 3 times and only had one returned to me. :realmad:
my main concern is the maneuverability of the bulky z spray.
i like the perm-a-green. it is easy to get around . i place it on the rack and there i go...but heat working on it.

Dman1214
11-22-2004, 07:33 PM
the z-spray is exteremely manuverable, superior to the PG - however the PG is more accessible - gates , etc

Shady Brook
11-22-2004, 07:47 PM
I was thinking about the Z-spray Jr.. It is supposed to go through a 36" gate I believe, or is 36" across. I wonder how it compares to the Perma for Manuverability?

Ant.
Have you tried calling the company? I did last year, and got Mr. Rich on the phone right off the bat. He seemed very helpful, willing to answer any question I had, and offered to modify the machine to suit my needs. I think he said he could size one down to fit where a 32" mower would go by changing tires and maybe some other slight modifications. I think where would be some sacrifice with rutting, and instability.

Oh yes, one more question? On wet ground, will the Jr. Rut? Seems like a bunch of weight on that machine, and looks similar to my 36" Stander which is prone to rutting.

Thanks
Jay

mwallingford
11-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Nothing but a Z.

ant
11-22-2004, 09:29 PM
thanks for your replys//
should call him.
ant

Russ
11-23-2004, 03:18 AM
I only have 3 rounds on mine, but the only problem I've had is how it roughs up my shins on rough ground. I just can not believe the time it has save me!!!

morturf
11-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I know the only con is that you will hope nobody else in your town will get one cause they are so damn good. Best machine I have ever owned.

mwallingford
11-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Russ,

Get a pair of basketball knee pads. Put them on and pull them down below your knee over your shins. They work. I remember dropping off a customers concrete driveway (about a 3 inch drop) and the bolt on the left hydro pump hitting my shin. I almost had tears in my eyes from the pain. The knee pads ended that.

timturf
01-28-2005, 09:38 AM
web address for z spray

Shady Brook
01-28-2005, 09:51 AM
http://www.z-spray.com/

dishboy
01-28-2005, 09:53 AM
web address for z spray

www.z-spray.com

turfsurfer
01-29-2005, 06:13 AM
Guys, note that I think they have changed their e-mail address if you are trying to e-mail them for info. The one on their website is the old one and I don't know if they still get that mail or not. Don't recall the new one off the top of my head, but I guarantee you will get any answers you want (usually from Tom himself) if you call their shop. Best company I have dealt with.

lawn king
01-29-2005, 06:22 AM
Have any of you people done a demo on the lesco HPS? If so what are your impressions of the machine. I own one now and i'm thinking of buying another this spring and adapting my own small 12 volt spray system.

ant
01-29-2005, 08:17 AM
the jr. does not look like it can get into back lawns with 36'' gates

HBFOXJr
01-29-2005, 08:59 AM
jr is 40" wide as per manufacturer's literature

greenerpastures
01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Great machine. I have posted some bridging problems in the hopper, but that has been more of a problem with my fert supplier than Z. I have insisted that my fert blends contain more "drying agent" this year from my supplier.