PDA

View Full Version : Fertilization/Pest Control Licensing

MGB Guy
11-21-2004, 08:22 PM
I run a lawn care company in Missouri. I don't know if anyone else out there is from Missouri (that would be great). I recently obtained the information from the state about obtaining a pesticide license to fertilize and apply pesticide. I was reading the rules and regulations book (there are two other books I have to read as well still), and I just wanted to know if it was really worth it. I know it would be easier to just sub it out, but do most of you guys do the fertilizing yourselves, and do you have the proper licensing for it? I was just curious, because my test is coming up and I was just debating taking it still.

DLS1
11-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I have my license. Since your not in Kansas City I would say go for it. :D

I would take the test and give it a year or two to see how much you make and how you like it. It is always better to try it and find out that it was/wasn't worth it for you instead of always wondering if you could have made a lot of money doing it.

Just need insurance which I think only requires 25,000 property/25,000 liability. Get a Lesco spreader for around $350, a good electric backpack sprayer for $250+- and a few other thinks related to safely using the products and your in business. Lesco will set you up with a 5/6 program for your area. Can do all granular and spot spray for weeds.

Advertise your fert/squirt along with your mowing business and see what happens.