PDA

View Full Version : Power Sprayer Types

AssuredServicesCo
11-22-2004, 03:07 AM
I request input from anyone as to what type of truck or small trailer mounted sprayers people use and where they can be purchased. Are piston types better than diaphram types. Thanks, I am in Dallas,TX. I need something to apply liquids on large residential and medium commercial properties. Thanks and Peace.

Neal Wolbert
11-23-2004, 12:57 AM
What kind of liquids? Neal

AssuredServicesCo
11-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Herbicides, Fertilizers, Pesticides, Fungicides. Thanks

Neal Wolbert
11-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Will this be lawns only? Do you intend to spray suspension fertilizers? Neal

AssuredServicesCo
11-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Lawns and flowerbeds and trees only

J Hisch
11-23-2004, 09:47 PM
River Bend Industires makes great products

Ric
11-23-2004, 11:50 PM
I request input from anyone as to what type of truck or small trailer mounted sprayers people use and where they can be purchased. Are piston types better than diaphram types. Thanks, I am in Dallas,TX. I need something to apply liquids on large residential and medium commercial properties. Thanks and Peace.

Assured

Diaphragm pumps can handle more abrasive material like fungicides and heavy metal fertilizer like Iron. They also can create more PSI if needed for spraying Trees. Generally they are easy to rebuild by an non mechanic.

Piston type pumps are generally not used for lawn spraying because of there lack of tolerances of abrasive material. However Large piston pump do put out greater volume and are generally used by Pre-treat Termite guys. Beam Piston Pumps are large volume models that you will see used by many pest control companies.

Now I use the best Pump on the market to day and it is a diaphragm type. However it is also has hydraulic lifters to operate the diaphragms. They are Hydra-cell 25 and cost $ 3,500 a piece. At 25 gallons a minute they recirculate my 300 gallon tank while spraying at any pressure.