PDA

View Full Version : Where can I order one?

LawnBoy89
11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
I would like to purchase an aluminum grass catcher for my 48'' Ferris, but where can I order one. My local dealer won't be getting them in until spring.

Thanks...

PeterA
11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
There are plenty of these at our distributor in Enfield, so any of our dealers in your state can get one right away. Just call another dealer on our website and ask them for a GCSC or GCSCXL. They are easy to ship UPS ground, especially over a single UPS zone (about $15.00). If you have any problems give me a call at the office.

LawnBoy89
11-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks alot. I'll check out the site now so I could actually find out what a GCSC and GCSCXL are.

I was temtped to buy one of the steel ones that my dealer had because it was only $189, but I figured it would be alot heaver and could possibly rust.

Would it be cheaper to order it out of the place in Enfield or should I just wait until spring and get it from the dealer?

PeterA
11-23-2004, 12:22 AM
The GCSC is the regular size bagger (4.15 cubic ft), the GCSCXL is the 6.2 Cu ft. All the baggers look basically the same (for a given size) but have different openings where they attach to the mowers. These two units fit the Ferris mowers. The Enfield wherehouse is the distributor for our product, but they only sell to dealers. What I was getting at was that any of our listed dealers would be able to get a catcher right away since they are in stock at the main Enfield wherehouse. You can use any of our listed dealers to get a catcher.

LawnBoy89
11-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Oh I see. Yea I went on the accelerator site and it had the dealer that I talked to listed, but they wouldn't be getting any until spring. But now that I think of it there are many other dealers that I can go to, one that is actually in my town. Thanks alot for the help and maybe I could finish up some of my leaf cleanups with it.

Thanks again.

KathysLGC
11-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Go for the 6.2 You'll be glad you did.

LawnBoy89
11-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I probably will, I have alot of experience with 21's with baggers and even my old craftsmen and changing the bags all the time takes so long and is such a pain.

LawnBoy89
11-25-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm thinking about going with the metal one because all the dealers around me don't sell ferris mowers, or parts for ferris mowers except the one that won't get any in until spring. They have the metal one, for $189, is it really that much heavier?

I'm thinking about just going for it, the only thing I'm worried about is not only the weight but also the issue of rust?

gogetter
11-25-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking about going with the metal one because all the dealers around me don't sell ferris mowers, or parts for ferris mowers except the one that won't get any in until spring. They have the metal one, for $189, is it really that much heavier?

I'm thinking about just going for it, the only thing I'm worried about is not only the weight but also the issue of rust?

The steel ones are heavy, especially when full! I hate bagging anything because of this. And yes, they will rust quick too.

Not sure how Accelerator feels about this, but I'll tell ya that I've seen someone selling them on ebay recently pretty cheap. Might be worth a look.

LawnBoy89
11-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks, that is a great idea. The hard part would just be finding the one for my mower.

PeterA
11-27-2004, 11:35 PM
We don't have any problem with people buying used versions of our catchers. My only advice would be to be sure you are getting what you think you are. I have seen ebay posts with pictures from our website, not pictures of the actual item being sold. If there is a picture of the opening give me an email with a link and I will tell you if the catcher is the part # being advertised, and about how old the catcher is (we update them about once a year, so I can often tell how old it is by looking).

LawnBoy89
11-28-2004, 12:46 AM
Thanks alot man you really helped me out. I'll be sure to let you know if I find one but if I don't find one by spring then I will just buy one from my local dealer. It's pretty tough to find what exactly you are looking for on eBay, but if you do you get a pretty good deal.

Once again, thanks.

locutus
11-30-2004, 09:05 PM

I'm thinking about just going for it, the only thing I'm worried about is not only the weight but also the issue of rust?If you are in possession of one micro-gram of grey matter, you wont even consider buying one of those second rate steel baggers. Accelerators are light, easier to dump, strong and durable as a rodeo bull. Dont toy with the idea of anything else. You will live to regret it.

LawnBoy89
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
I guess you are right. I probably won't need it until next fall I'm done with all my leaf cleanups now. I'll just have to use a bagger until I have enough work to buy a Lesco.