PDA

View Full Version : The Eliminator Rake – Productive? – Durable?

drichards
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
I stumbled upon this site the other day while researching equipment on the web. I read some threads and am pleased to have found this source of knowledge and information. So hello to everyone.

I am considering purchasing the Eliminator Rake by Loegering. We plan to use this as a finishing tool for our track loader and a means to scarify rock hard Carolina Clay. I would like to know if anyone has found this to be an effective and productive tool. I would also like to know if this brand is a well built, durable product worthy of $1600.00. I am particularly concerned about the durability of this product. It would be subject to finding roots, underground stumps, construction debris and again our lovely soil/concrete. – Anyone not familiar with “Carolina Clay” has only missed out on pure frustration. This stuff gets so hard at times that a dozer blade has trouble penetrating it. Many times the only way to get into the ground is chisel plow or reverse till the ground several times or both.

The rake would be used mostly on the track loader to break up the soil and as a finishing tool on smaller jobs that do not warrant bringing the tractor and Harley Rake to the job site. Thanks in advance for any input or thoughts.

Foz
11-27-2004, 07:09 PM
We have one & use it regularly as the first step during lawn installations before using rockhound. In the application you are planning, the only thing I would recommend is some extra teeth as they will break when you hit underground objects hard enough.

SouthernYankee
12-01-2004, 01:02 AM
I have one and I use it mostly for the removal of brush. It is much better than using the bucket for scraping duties. Also I use it for breaking up loam before I rake it out if it bakes and gets hard. I would recomend it and I wouldnt be with out mine. My teeth bent a little bit, but overall the thing can take a beating. SY

drichards
12-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the imput. As far as the bent teeth go, are you guys talking about the rake teeth or the scarifiers? I was finally able to see one of these things up close and the only area I am concerned about is where the scarifiers mount to the implement. Will the teeth tear/bend the channel the scarifiers sit in or will the teeth just bend?

drichards
01-16-2005, 09:34 PM
The rake finally came in and I love it. Should have bought it weeks ago, what a time saver. I have used it on five new construction grades in the last week and a half and it is saving me an average of 2-3 hrs per job. So thanks again for you imput on the rake.