PDA

View Full Version : ok, yardpro

bobbygedd
11-23-2004, 02:23 PM
since you like to give quizes, i have one for you. and PLEASE, try to be honorable, if you don't know, don't look it up, just say, "bob, you are my king, and i wish i were like you." ok, please describe what a homogenous fertilizer is, how it is made, what , if any, are the benefits over non homogenous, and what, if any, are the drawbacks. please don't answer for him. thank you

MMLawn
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
I bet he is on www.askjeeves.com right now... :D

Ric
11-23-2004, 03:31 PM
BooBy

Amazing, You must be attending seminars. Trust me when I tell you Yard Pro knows the answer. I would put money on it. In fact would YOU like to put money on it???

Now question for you BooBy. What major Fertilizer Company sells mostly homogeneous fertilizer. Also what application should always be a elite homogeneous product

Now while we are on this subject maybe BooBy can explain the Mass and Void theory.

BTW BooBy if you want to run with the big dogs, You have to get off You Butt.

bobbygedd
11-23-2004, 03:37 PM
i'm not playing ric, sorry. i took my quiz for the day grandpa, and i passed . now i am certain you will email your friend the answer, and that's just not playing fair. but i've noticed...not one of you could go toe to toe with me, you all gang up on me. that's ok though, you can slow me down, but you'll never stop me.

tiedeman
11-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I can see that this is going to be a great thread

Ric
11-23-2004, 03:53 PM
i'm not playing ric, sorry. i took my quiz for the day grandpa, and i passed .

BooBy

Then you had better pick up your marbles and go home. If you keep shooting at the Big Boys you will lose your favorite Cats Eye.

MMLawn
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
E=MC2+CO2xH2O=???

:alien:

turf9
11-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Yard pro Bobby asked a question I Iam interasted too Lets go.

Turfdude
11-23-2004, 04:41 PM
K9P - comes from the south end of the dog!

BTW Lebanon I believe is the one of the largest Ric. Their most popular formulation is 20-8-8. Homogenous fertilizer - I don't go that way - homo u don't! (I do know the answers, but don't want to whiz on BG's cornflakes! :) )

TClawn
11-23-2004, 05:26 PM
maybe best sells the most. I've seen it alot in home depot and walmart stores. I personally prefer andersons golf products. I'm not sure if they make one.

Ric
11-23-2004, 06:08 PM
I personally prefer andersons golf products. I'm not sure if they make one.

TClawn

Anderson Fertilizer Company actually makes Homogeneous Fertilizer for an other company that markets it under their own name. The answer To this and the first Question is in fact the same Company.

BTW I am not sure we are taking about the same Andersons, since I am not in Hawaii. However it more than likely is the same company.

jbell113
11-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Only thing homogenous I use is milk

grass-scapes
11-24-2004, 08:10 AM
E=MC2+CO2xH2O=???

Is it......Dry ice?

bobbygedd
11-24-2004, 08:56 AM
apparently, yardpro was unable to contact ric for this answer. so, he called his college proffesor. after much head scratching, the proffesor is right now, as we speak, trying to contact ric for the correct answer. time has expired son. you lose. but you do get a gift just for playing. yes, you get a one night, 2 day all expense paid vacation to ric's cardboard box, and unlimited use of his male blowup doll, if you can pry ric's lips off of it.

s and s mowing
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
apparently, yardpro was unable to contact ric for this answer. so, he called his college proffesor. after much head scratching, the proffesor is right now, as we speak, trying to contact ric for the correct answer. time has expired son. you lose. but you do get a gift just for playing. yes, you get a one night, 2 day all expense paid vacation to ric's cardboard box, and unlimited use of his male blowup doll, if you can pry ric's lips off of it.

now that my friends is a good one,

dishboy
11-24-2004, 09:06 AM

Sounds like you have intimate knowledge of Ric's digs.

Come on BOOBYTROLL you can do better than homogonus, that's easy.

Ric
11-24-2004, 11:59 AM
E=MC2+CO2xH2O=???

E=MC2
Energy = Mass x The speed of light squared.

C02 is Carbon dioxide which is a gas at ambient temperature. However when compressed or frozen it turns into a solid which is commonly called dry Ice.

H2O is water

Now the meaning of this equation is. BooBy wastes a lot of energy blowing water out of his Butt with carbon dioxide.

bobbygedd
11-24-2004, 12:02 PM
E=MC2
Energy = Mass x The speed of light squared.

C02 is Carbon dioxide which is a gas at ambient temperature. However when compressed or frozen it turns into a solid which is commonly called dry Ice.

H2O is water

Now the meaning of this equation is. BooBy wastes a lot of energy blowing water out of his Butt with carbon dioxide.
i'm glad you know all. how much time and money did you waste on that USELESS INFORMATION??? you are still only a lawnboy

Ric
11-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Just a little addition to the above post.

Had the formula read E=MC2 + CO2 + H2O Then

Dry Ice in water creates a fog or smoke

Therefore the Meaning would be. BooBy wastes a lot of energy blowing Smoke out of his Butt.

Norm Al
11-24-2004, 12:11 PM
dam ric you have a cardboard box?

bobby why you lettin some florida crackers school your yankee butt like that?

ask a real question like,,,,"what is mayonaise made out of?"

Ric
11-24-2004, 12:14 PM
i'm glad you know all. how much time and money did you waste on that USELESS INFORMATION??? you are still only a lawnboy

Darn BooBy

I see you are down to the three minute reply. Now I am beginning to understand why you are able to reply so quickly.

With all that water and smoke coming out of your butt, you have placed your computer in the bathroom. Seems there is a new meaning to Broad Band Internet Access.

bobbygedd
11-24-2004, 12:19 PM
you are a fountain of useless information. the highest wage earners on the planet are DUMB, UNEDUCATED, AND IN FACT incapable of behaving like "normal" human beings.

AllStarLawnCare
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Is mayonnaise made from eggs? Never really thought about it, just put it on the sandwich.

Ric
11-24-2004, 12:24 PM

Norm Al

With all the Egg on Booby's face, he already knows how to make Mayonnaise.

If he knew that Florida Public school systems are number 50 in the nation as far as quality of education, he would really be ashamed, if that were possible. But as a southerner I will keep trying to bring that dumb yankee BooBy up to par.

Ric
11-24-2004, 12:27 PM
I am a fountain of useless information. the lowest wage earners on the planet. I am DUMB, UNEDUCATED, AND IN FACT incapable of behaving like "normal" human beings.

BooBy true words were never spoken

bobbygedd
11-24-2004, 12:37 PM
ric, being out of ammunition, and apparetly outclassed, has resorted to hitting below the belt. twisting my quote around, SHOULD BE against the lawnsite rules.

fga
11-24-2004, 12:37 PM

welcome back!

RedWingsDet
11-24-2004, 12:42 PM
so if there is a homogenous fertilzer, whats the hetrogenous fertilizer?

bobbygedd
11-24-2004, 12:46 PM
homo-genous fertilizer= what ric "fertilizes" his blow up doll with

Ric
11-24-2004, 12:47 PM
ric, being out of ammunition, and apparetly outclassed, has resorted to hitting below the belt. twisting my quote around, SHOULD BE against the lawnsite rules.

BooBy

Not twisting. Just correcting the obvious. Like your misspelling of the word apparently.

ikesleeping
11-24-2004, 04:04 PM
I want y..all to quit abusing a perfectly good Theory of Relativity!http://www.lawnsite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=845980#
Pay Up

YardPro
11-25-2004, 09:27 AM
man,
missed this thread bobby,
sorry for the delay, work yesterday, and family in last night.... no internet.

by definition homogeneous means being uniform throught.
a homogenious fertilizer would be a fertilizer that has it's nutriens prepared in a way that any sample would have a uniform distribution of it's elements.
this could be done in a few different ways.
uniform particle size( usually very small), and very uniform mixing.
liquid fertilizers are all homogenous.
products like liquid urea are homogenious, as is a gallon of mixed miracle grow.

there are different ways of reaching the end result.-- a product that is uniform throught

manufacturers use the term as a marketing tool. they are merely telling you that you will recieve a uniform distribution of the nutrients in thier producs.

bobbygedd
11-25-2004, 09:31 AM
#1- your answer is unsatisfactory and very unthorough. and B- time had expired. i answered your quiz in 5 minutes, it took you 3 days to answer mine. p.s- i saw you online the last 2 days, you were just avoiding the thread. :alien:

YardPro
11-25-2004, 10:23 AM
wrong bobby
I was not here at all yesterday .
and today it was buried on the third page

The answer was absolutely correct. Do some reasearch, and look up the meaning of homogenious.

the only way to make a true homogenous fert is with a liquid.
the manufacturers use the term loosely as a particle size and mix description.
it's more a marketing phrase.

chefdrp
11-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Mayo= egg yolks and oil,little salt thats basic rec

Ric
11-26-2004, 12:28 PM
#1- your answer is unsatisfactory and very unthorough. and B- time had expired. i answered your quiz in 5 minutes, it took you 3 days to answer mine. p.s- i saw you online the last 2 days, you were just avoiding the thread. :alien:

BooBy

Yardpro's answer is correct. However he could have gone on to explain how the fertilizer blend is mixed in a Homogeneous slurry and them prill-ed so each prill has the same elements present.

Now Since BooBy, you ask a question that you already knew the answer to, or tried to quiz YardPro. Please for the benefit of other member who are not as smart (A$$) as you, Explain the benefit of Homogeneous fertilizer. Of course this should all include the Mass and Void Theory to explain it to the fullest.

bobbygedd
11-26-2004, 12:41 PM
i told you, i will not be quizzed any further. and no, he was not thorough in his answer, and did not finish it. the mass and void thoery is useless knowledge in day to day operation. the applicator would learn much more with less time spent in school (but definitely some) and more time spent in the field. simply put, your education was a waste of time and money

bobbygedd
11-26-2004, 01:12 PM
ok, yardpro, one last chance to answer a question that can't be found on sesame street. most professional aplicators will agree, that liquid aplications are better than granular. BUT, consistant with the "mass and void" theory, would you be better to use a homogenous granular fert, or liquid. and please explain how you arrived at your answer.

Ric
11-26-2004, 01:13 PM
i told you, i will not be quizzed any further. and no, he was not thorough in his answer, and did not finish it. the mass and void thoery is useless knowledge in day to day operation. the applicator would learn much more with less time spent in school (but definitely some) and more time spent in the field. simply put, your education was a waste of time and money

BooBy

First I want to congratulate you on reaching the over 6,000 mark of useless posts. I am sure you spend most of Thanksgiving Day to do so. After all your family doesn't want your Company on such a day.

Now true, once in the field and applying a product the Mass and Void Theory is useless. However understanding the Mass and Void Theory may cause your application to help the turf Express itself better. It also may save you money when selecting Fertilizer.

My unless Education does earn me a living and I don't have to do the physical labor. How as an Old Guy I can have people work under my License until after my death. This hopefully mean I will not end up in the Welfare system in my Older age. Now what kind of income will your GED provide you when you become disabled from Too Much Alcohol and Drugs??

Now my last commend to you will be. Why is BooBy Almost exempt from answering quiz's, Yet BooBy Almost has the right to quiz other Member???

Ric
11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
ok, yardpro, one last chance to answer a question that can't be found on sesame street. most professional aplicators will agree, that liquid aplications are better than granular. BUT, consistant with the "mass and void" theory, would you be better to use a homogenous granular fert, or liquid. and please explain how you arrived at your answer.

BooBy Almost

Yep you Almost ask a good question. Is liquid application better in all application?? I think not. In fact in a Proactive application, Granules will alway out perform Liquids.

Have a nice afternoon BooBy Almost. I must go and set up my crews on the next small landscape job to be finished today.

PS. There is a spelling check build right into this forum. Try using it, you may not have half your words mis-spelled.

bobbygedd
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
ah ric. ok, first, i am a firm believer that poor nutrition, lack of excersise, stress, and a negative mindset will put you the ground alot faster than coors light, and some minor bong activity. second, it is not your education that will keep you off welfare. i would venture to say, in fact, i am certain, that given the opportunity to travel back to my 16th birthday, i would have quit school that very day, took some minor one to two week courses, and i'd be a multi millionaire today. like i've said before, if YOU NEEDED an expensive, time consuming education, to make a living, so be it. i WAS BLESSED with god given talents, in spite of my 10th grade education, i've excelled at everything i've ever done. my 40th birthday is in the next month or so. i am absolutely certain, that if the lord sees fit that i live to my 50th birthday, i will be retired, and a multi millionaire by that day. not only that, i will be at peace and truly happy

bobbygedd
11-26-2004, 01:36 PM
the question was for yardpro, and it involves the theory of mass and void. let him answer it. i don't need to use spellcheck. what do i care if i mis spell a few words?

bigz1001
11-26-2004, 02:32 PM
BooBy

First I want to congratulate you on reaching the over 6,000 mark of useless posts. I am sure you spend most of Thanksgiving Day to do so. After all your family doesn't want your Company on such a day.

Now true, once in the field and applying a product the Mass and Void Theory is useless. However understanding the Mass and Void Theory may cause your application to help the turf Express itself better. It also may save you money when selecting Fertilizer.

My unless Education does earn me a living and I don't have to do the physical labor. How as an Old Guy I can have people work under my License until after my death. This hopefully mean I will not end up in the Welfare system in my Older age. Now what kind of income will your GED provide you when you become disabled from Too Much Alcohol and Drugs??

Now my last commend to you will be. Why is BooBy Almost exempt from answering quiz's, Yet BooBy Almost has the right to quiz other Member???

If you are going to attempt to rip someone with spelling, take a look at your grammer.

First , I want to congratulate you on reaching the over 6,000 mark of useless posts. I am sure you spent most of Thanksgiving Day to do so. After all your family doesn't want your Company on such a day.

Now true, once in the field and applying a product the Mass and Void Theory is useless. However understanding the Mass and Void Theory may cause your application to help the turf express itself better, It may also save you money when selecting Fertilizer.

My usless education does earn me a living and I don't have to do physical labor; as an Old Guy I can have people work under my License until after my death. This hopefully means I will not end up in the Welfare system in my Older age. Now what kind of income will your GED provide you when you become disabled from Too Much Alcohol and Drugs??

Now my last commend Did you mean comment? to you will be. Why is BooBy Almost exempt from answering quiz's, Yet BooBy Almost has the right to quiz other Member???

I could go on with more punctuation and capitalization mistakes, but you get the point.

bobbygedd
11-26-2004, 05:06 PM
big z, come on, we try not to pick on ole ric too much, do you realize, that in alot of cultures, old men like him are greatly respected. around here, we try and act respectful to him, and then talk lots of trash behind his back.

Ric
11-26-2004, 07:18 PM
BigZ

Yes sir, English grammar is not my expertise. However considering it is my second language, I don't do all that bad.

BooBy

Yes the behind the back stuff is right up your alley.

bobbygedd
11-26-2004, 07:24 PM
i stuck up for you, you old bat. english is ric's second language, because what he didn't tell us, is that he immigrated here from lower zimbabway. his tribe was made up of pygmies,they lived in huts, they drank blood directly from the neck veins of hooved animals, the women had plates in thier lips. rics main form of comunication was drawing pictures in the sand, and grunting. that's why he had to go to college for 8 yrs, to learn to communicate without drawing pictures, and grunting. he's made great progress. lets give him our support

Ric
11-26-2004, 07:35 PM
BooBy

You forgot to add, We circumcise our women also in Zimbabwe. I mean if you are going to knock the cultrue, then do it right.

YardPro
11-27-2004, 07:55 AM
i stuck up for you, you old bat. english is ric's second language, because what he didn't tell us, is that he immigrated here from lower zimbabway. his tribe was made up of pygmies,they lived in huts, they drank blood directly from the neck veins of hooved animals, the women had plates in thier lips. rics main form of comunication was drawing pictures in the sand, and grunting. that's why he had to go to college for 8 yrs, to learn to communicate without drawing pictures, and grunting. he's made great progress. lets give him our support

i always fing that people always resort to personal attacks when they have no better response.
usually it's when the bully kid feels threatened by the smart kid and is outwhitted in a debate he resorts to name calling.

bobby
to answer your questions
is liquid better? depends on what you're trying to achieve.
liquid is more quickly available to the plant, but conversely does not last as long.
if you are looking for a quick greenup, or are appllying micronutrients like iron and need quicker uptake, then liquid is better
if you want longer feedings and slower release then granular is the way to go.

bobbygedd
11-27-2004, 08:21 AM
YOU STILL DON'T ANSWER. perhaps you don't understand the question???? read it....slowly......

YardPro
11-27-2004, 08:44 AM
do you even know what the "mass and void" theory is bobby?
or are you using someone else's term to try and sound smart???

i think it's the latter.

liquid fertilizer really does not even come into the mass and void equation becuase it ihas to do with particle size/shape of granular fertilizers...

mass and void does not really apply to liquids bobby.

now what mass and void does is express how consistant the spread of a product will be, how uniform the dispersion of it's various elements.

liquid applies through properly calibrated equipment with a compident operator will always give the most uniform dispersion.

But when applied by an applicator like bobby, it will be streaked, uneven and just an unsatisfactory job. This of course will be followed by a post here about how this fertilization customer will not pay, and how this situation is cuased by all the other applicators who undercharged and never made the customers pay.......

bobbygedd
11-27-2004, 08:53 AM
so then, using this mindset, what is the better application, homo granular, or liquid?

Ric
11-27-2004, 06:36 PM
so then, using this mindset, what is the better application, homo granular, or liquid?

BooBy Almost

Because you have no real education and are a complete fool, I believe you are incapable of understanding what YardPro has Already explained to you. So I will try and clarify what YardPro has said.

Liquid fertilizer is Homogeneous. Therefore when comparing it to an elect prill Homogeneous granule the advantage of a homogeneous blends becomes a mood point. However other advantages in a pro-active program make Granules a better choice.

Now why does TrueGreen and other large companies use Liquids exclusively?? COST not quality. Now there are so many other factors involved in a real agronomics that the point about Liquids and Granules can be debated. But the big point about Granules is there longevity over Liquids. The Big advantage about Liquids is their ability to give a very quick response.

bobbygedd
11-27-2004, 06:50 PM
wrong. you are reaching at this point. and so be it.

Ric
11-27-2004, 06:59 PM
BooBy Almost

Argue with these people

http://turfgrassmanagement.psu.edu/pdf/TurfFert.pdf

Not me.

bobbygedd
11-27-2004, 09:26 PM
yardpro has failed to answer the question. i wish you girls would quit ganging up on me. you're fighting a losing battle

Norm Al
11-29-2004, 04:12 PM
i love a good panty raid!

Ric
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
yardpro has failed to answer the question. i wish you girls would quit ganging up on me. you're fighting a losing battle

BooBy

You may be winning the battles in your own Mind, But you have lost the war.

Norm Al
11-30-2004, 02:19 PM
......now about those panty raids?

YardPro
12-03-2004, 05:31 PM
thanks for the hand there rick.
you're WAY over his head.
the only reason bobby knew the word homogenious was becuase i referanced some quality fert manufacturers (lebanon, etc.) , when arguing with him on nitrogen calculations.
he had been using scott's 40 lb bags from lowes......
he went to the sites and saw the term and decided to use it here to sound smart.

i have stopped being lured into his circular arguments ( ever notice when you pin him on a point he calls you a fool or a liar, or makes some other disparaging remark, then trys to lead the argument in another diresction).

i thought to myself... who's more the fool, the fool or the one that wasts his time arguing with the fool.

:)

don't get sucked into arguing with bob