PDA

View Full Version : New Mower, Tight Fit

blankenshiplawncare
11-23-2004, 07:00 PM
I bought a 777 on Saturday to compliment my 717. I measured the rascal and the interior of the trailer. I had to turn my wb sideways to squeeze it in. As long as they fit, and they do.

Green Care
11-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Nice looking trailer how is it working out of your enclosed seem a little tight.

tiedeman
11-23-2004, 07:38 PM
nice looking setup you have there

blankenshiplawncare
11-23-2004, 07:45 PM
It was'nt tight until Saturday. I still prefer an enclosed. My wife made the simple statement, "Don't even think about another trailer". Thats when I panic'd and started moving stuff around and made it fit.

Eric 1
11-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I am in love with your trailer.

But you pull that huge beast with an f150?

blankenshiplawncare
11-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Yea, It does fine. I would prefer something bigger and diesel but we all understand the concept of money in must be greater than money out. It get on a good day 11mpg.

LawnBoy89
11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
4.6L or 5.4L?

I have a 4.6L now but I saw a mighty nice leftover 04 5.4L.

blankenshiplawncare
11-25-2004, 02:21 PM
5.4L

Phil

grassrootsinab
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Your mowers look great....love to see that green paint. Congratulations!!

Lux Lawn
11-25-2004, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=blankenshiplawncare My wife made the simple statement, "Don't even think about another trailer". [/QUOTE]

You might have to convince her because that thing is stuffed looks good thou.

LawnBoy89
11-25-2004, 09:23 PM
You should be satisfied because that is an awsome trailer. Maybe you can revise your shedule next year so that you can do all the lawns one day that you won't even need the w/b so then all you would need to take are the ZTR's.

blankenshiplawncare
11-26-2004, 08:32 PM
You should be satisfied because that is an awsome trailer. Maybe you can revise your shedule next year so that you can do all the lawns one day that you won't even need the w/b so then all you would need to take are the ZTR's.
Oh how I'd love that. I still have alot of residential accounts. They pay some of the bills. It's becoming a pain to unload the two ZTR's to get to the WB. Oh well. One year ago this was only a dream. Thanks for the feed back all. I have been trying to locate a picture of the truck and trailer combined. The trailer looks pretty ominous hooked up to the truck.

Phil

tiedeman
11-27-2004, 01:17 AM
is there any way to modify the trailer for a side loading ramp?

Eric 1
11-27-2004, 04:49 PM
I have often wondered that. Like take the side door and put the hinges at the bottom of the door? Cant be that hard.

blankenshiplawncare
11-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Now you all have me wondering if it could be done. I think the mowers extend past the opening of the door. I now have a thought to keep me busy Monday. I just took a contract for a property that is 46 acres of duplexes. I will have plenty of time to think.

Phil

jpmako
11-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Phil,

That is a nice machine! How do you like it so far?
I am thinking of adding a stander to my fleet to compliment my 777 next year.
good luck with it!

Jason

blankenshiplawncare
11-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Jason,

I have only cut with it a couple of times this last week before the holidays. It is pretty stout. I am if you have run into the seat kill switch being really sensitive. Maybe its just going to take some getting use to. These are a couple of pictures of the truck and trailer hooked up together.

Phil

blankenshiplawncare
11-28-2004, 07:19 PM
next picture..

Gilla Gorilla
11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey Blankenship, Is that side door 36 inches or wider. If so just make a couple of 2x6 ramps about 4 or 5 ft long and load it in from there instead of messing with the door itself. Yeah it would be nice not to hassel with the ramps but it seems like a lot of work to get the door to be used as a ramp.
Myself I would just use the wood ramps through the side because it still takes less time then moving two Z's out of the back of the trailer and saves on the starting system of the Z's each time you just need to use the wb.

Good luck and great looking trailer and set up inside and out.

jpmako
11-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Phil,

Nice setup, it looks very professional.
I have an open trailer only because I have a tractor that wouldn't fit in an enclosed trailer. Next year I think I will be getting an enclosed because loading and unloading takes up too much time.
I think that you will be very happy with your purchase. It looks like that F-150 "squats" a little with all of that weight.
Here is a pic of my trailer semi-loaded. Mine is 7'x16' and I wish that I had a 20'.

Jason

blankenshiplawncare
11-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Jason,

Looks good. Pretty cramped though. I envy you on the JD tractor. I want to progress to that point soon. I have been a construction equipment operator in the military for 16 years. I really enjoy that type of work and will expand my business to that level hopefully sooner than later. Do you remember how much you paid for your vac system?

Phil

jpmako
11-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Jason,

Looks good. Pretty cramped though. I envy you on the JD tractor. I want to progress to that point soon. I have been a construction equipment operator in the military for 16 years. I really enjoy that type of work and will expand my business to that level hopefully sooner than later. Do you remember how much you paid for your vac system?

Phil

Phil,

Yes sir it is cramped. Like yourself I enjoy heavy equipment operations.
Ever since I was a kid I knew that was the type of work that I wanted to do. And now here I am doing it. the tractor definitely helps out a lot on landscaping projects especially grading and preparing for seed, and also moving materials around the job site. As for my vac system I believe that I paid $1700.00 for it. It works pretty well for leaves, but it does not like to suck up a lot of stuff if your going fast (especially pine needles). But all in all I am happy with it and would recommend it. Hang in there, if you provide quality reliable service your business will grow very quickly. Good luck with your business and your new toy :waving:
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Jason

blankenshiplawncare
11-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Jason,

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. Maybe you will see a picture of a tractor from me next year. Just a dream..

Phil

Lazer_Z
11-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Phil, Very,very nice rig. How do you like the JD 7 iron decks VS the eXmark wb deck? I know the size difference is an issue but how do they compare in the discharge of the clippings? 1 more question did you look into the JD standers before you settled on the 777?

Thanks
Rob

MOlawnman
11-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Nice set-up. Love those enclosed trailers. Will be purchasing one before next year. Is there any pointers you could offer in shopping for one?

Thanks and once again nice set-up.

Steve

blankenshiplawncare
11-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Phil, Very,very nice rig. How do you like the JD 7 iron decks VS the eXmark wb deck? I know the size difference is an issue but how do they compare in the discharge of the clippings? 1 more question did you look into the JD standers before you settled on the 777?

Thanks
Rob

I have'nt run into any problems with the discharge on the JD. My National Guard unit has a Toro 62" 25hp Kohler. It in comparison to the JD..the JD tends to shoot the grass and leafs more on a horizontal plane and the Toro tends to shoot them at about a 30 degree angle up-wards. This is with the shoot pen'd back. I thought about a stander because of cost but the job I basically bought it for is 46 acres of duplexes. Can you image standing for the day and half cut time on a stander. I am way too lazy for that. I want to sit down.

Had a brain fart. You asked about my Exmark Vs. JD. It compares similarly to the Toro. Angle difference is the key. My Exmark WB bogs down pretty fast in tall grass even with the shoot up.

blankenshiplawncare
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Nice set-up. Love those enclosed trailers. Will be purchasing one before next year. Is there any pointers you could offer in shopping for one?

Thanks and once again nice set-up.

Steve

My only pointer is to think about the width of the tailer before purchasing. I bought the widest 8.5'. I wouldn't change my mind on this but the roads in Savannah were built for two lanes of traffic but they have three in them. They literally are 10' wide. Its a bear keeping it in my lane while drinking coffee eating a poptart and getting yelled at by my wife on the phone. You get the picture.

Phil