PDA

View Full Version : Fert rig

bushtrimmer
11-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Need a new fert truck. I saw one @ Expo a few years ago but didn't think I was interested at that time. Now, operating out of a 16' Grumman panel truck (bread truck).
Think I want something as follows, any ideas.
In the far back want an area to put up to the following equipment: Perma green, Hydro walk behind spreader, dethatcher and aerator, with a ramp off the back and/or side to unload. Further forward on truck, maybe over axle, room for about a 200 gal tank w/ reel. And farther forward, space to load up to 2 skids, one from either side, of fert, seed, etc. The idea of having that forward is that it would be able to be a little lower to the ground at frame rail height for easier unloading.
Appreciate any help with a manufacturer for something like this or any opinions on design.
I kinda like the forward cab truck posted recently, but with addition of back area for equipment.

LLandscaping
11-25-2004, 03:00 PM
GNC industries make custom spray rigs, I say one of theres at GIE a couple of years ago in Nashville.

www.gncindustries.com

greensman
11-25-2004, 10:38 PM
We have what you just described. 3rd year now and we love it. Custom made by a weld guy. Check with GNC. UD 1200, 2 lesco 200gal, box for fert holds about 25 bags, can hold permagreen and more.

James Cormier
11-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Need a new fert truck. I saw one @ Expo a few years ago but didn't think I was interested at that time. Now, operating out of a 16' Grumman panel truck (bread truck).
In the far back want an area to put up to the following equipment: Perma green, Hydro walk behind spreader, dethatcher and aerator, with a ramp off the back and/or side to unload. Further forward on truck, maybe over axle, room for about a 200 gal tank w/ reel. And farther forward, space to load up to 2 skids, one from either side, of fert, seed, etc. The idea of having that forward is that it would be able to be a little lower to the ground at frame rail height for easier unloading.
Appreciate any help with a manufacturer for something like this or any opinions on design.
I kinda like the forward cab truck posted recently, but with addition of back area for equipment.

Im considering a bread truck as well, I have seen some that have small side doors over the wheel wells, and ones that have roll up doors in back to be able to load more stuff.

I got a really good link for fert trucks at my office, early next week I will post it for you, but I think I have a photo of one here at home, I will post it now

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=81004

Go there, plent to choose from

bushtrimmer
11-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks James,
I really like the idea of the Polaris truck, going to get more info on that. I also saw the truck on the thread you posted. Do you have info on it?

James Cormier
11-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks James,
I really like the idea of the Polaris truck, going to get more info on that. I also saw the truck on the thread you posted. Do you have info on it?

Bush, are you talking about the one that I had the small photo, not a link? Im guessing you are, thats a nice rig, I got some info at the office about that, I will dig it up and post it.

qps
11-30-2004, 09:25 PM

You need a bigger truck to carry all the spare parts for you permagreen :D