PDA

View Full Version : is an enclosed trailer a good idea

grass disaster
11-26-2004, 02:44 PM
i currently have a tandem 18' with ramp gate.i have a zd18 rider. next year i want to buy a walk behind too. i was thinking about trading the open trailer for a 7X14 v nose trailer(tandem).

is that going to give me enough room? i was thinking it would be more convenient for me cause this way i could leave everything on there. would save me a little time at the beginning and end of the day.

i also thought it might look a little more professional. specially if i got a nice logo with my number in it.

anyone have any idea about what my trailer is worth and or how much a new enclosed trailer is. i bought it for 1500 but it needs a new bed, oh yea it has electric breaks too.

TURF DOCTOR
11-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Enclosed is the only way, i keep a flatbed for mulch and cleanup.V nose are a little more but man you will look professinal.they make a vnose with a door that opens i thought about buying 1 but i was trying to keep my toung weight down.they was a discussion a few days back about enclosed some website with dirt cheap prices on haulmarks.

PMLAWN
11-26-2004, 04:49 PM
I love my 8x14 Pace Summit. The 7x14 has the wheels outside the box and is about 8.5' wide but the 8x14 has the wheel house in side the box and is only 8' wide. That makes it a little easier to park. But the best thing about the 8 foot wide is I get a 36" and a 48" side by side up front and I can get the Z behind them and still get a 21 push sideways behind that. Also a lot more room for hanging stuff on the walls.
I prefer the box over the flatbed. I believe less chance for stuff being stolen, stuff stays dry in the rain and you can do maintenance in the (heavy) rain. Save a Gatoraid bottle and you have a portable restroom. Looks neater at the job site and don't forget the big billboard.
I am adding a NPR or Sprinter next year and it will have a box.

grass disaster
11-26-2004, 05:11 PM
very good info thanks , what's an npr?

FrankenScagMachines
11-28-2004, 06:40 PM
very good info thanks , what's an npr?
It is a cab-over truck (cab sits over engine and front axle) made by Isuzu. Many manufacturers are making these now (the Sprinter is another model of cabover type vehicle). These types of trucks you can put a multitude of beds on them, anything from a car hauling bed to a open landscape bed, to a dump bed to an enclosed box, the sky's the limit. Of course you can do these things with other trucks but the cabover styles are more compact and maneuverable than others, visibility is said to be good also. I've seen them at trade shows, the cabs look very roomy compared to a pickup, looks pretty comfy in there!

Green Pastures
11-28-2004, 11:03 PM
For me an enclosed trailer is the only way to go.