PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trees

Penpro
11-29-2004, 07:17 PM
A couple of customers have asked me if i would put up their Christmas Tree. I told them that i would, and that i would get back with them with the pricing. What would be a good amount for this service? Saying i have to buy the tree, and the ornaments, plus an hourly rate for all of the above.

HOOLIE
11-30-2004, 02:09 AM
You have to buy the ornaments too? That can get expensive.

tiedeman
11-30-2004, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't do it. I can just picture it now. You are putting up their tree while they are standing back telling you exactly where to put each ornament

SSmith
11-30-2004, 08:22 AM
I imagine these are elderly women?? Most of the joy of putting up the Christmas tree is doing it together as a family. I hope the people requesting this service wasn't a family. How sad would that be?

lqmustang
11-30-2004, 08:36 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is fire liability. It happens all to often with christmas trees, and god forbid if the the one you put up for a customer is the one that burns. I'd say no.

Penpro
11-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the insight. As of today i've declined the whole christmas tree idea. I've still got it in the back of my mind so who knows? Thanks again. Keep throwing tips my way. Have a great day.

Wells
12-01-2004, 07:19 PM
My parents had a neighbor who would pay a company to come in and put up their Christmas tree each year. After Christmas the home owner would through the tree in his garbage can, lights, ornaments and all still attached.

I think he was paying around $200 for the company to decorate the tree.

tiedeman
12-02-2004, 06:01 PM
must be they didn't want toe hassle of taking everything down and putting it in storage

dvmcmrhp52
12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't do it. I can just picture it now. You are putting up their tree while they are standing back telling you exactly where to put each ornament

Absolutely true.
Good point Tiedeman.