PDA

View Full Version : 01 silverado wont start

Mlc gmc03
11-30-2004, 02:50 PM
i have a 2001 chevy silverado that wont start its got a 4.3l vortec in it i put new plugs,cap and rotor in it and still nothin it cranks real hard but just wont fire any help would be most appreciated

KurtW
11-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Have it towed right away...buy a Ford .....

pottstim
11-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Have it towed right away...buy a Ford .....

What a useless post. This fellow is asking for some advice, not smart alleck comments. :rolleyes: Could it possibly be a fuel pump? GM trucks are sometimes noted to be a bit hard on fuel pumps. I've never had any problems personally, but I have known some that have. Do you hear a buzzing sound from the pump when you turn the key to the on position? Just a thought. Good luck.

mowin at the lake
11-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Give it a shot of starting fluid.... if it tries to run then it probley fuel pump or fuel relay. If you change the fuel pump change both filters (1 in the tank and the 1 on the fam rail)

g4fixer
11-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I have a 2001 2500 hd. Two weeks ago cranks but nothing. Towed to dealer. Fuel pump. $600.00 later runs fine.

UNISCAPER
12-01-2004, 12:03 AM
With the truck being so new, is there any way it could be warranteed?

Eric 1
12-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Yeah, i would check the fuel pump and the crank sensor.

Mlc gmc03
12-03-2004, 11:33 PM
thanx for all the suggestions once i get some time i am gonna get out there and start trying some of these and now its not under warrante it has roughly 42,000 on it

Lovbcstiller
12-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Check the ECM (computer) on the truck. See if you smell gas around the EMC. I had to replace my EMC because the wiring drew the gas from the injector wire to the ECM. But I think it is probuley a fuel pump. If it is buzzing around the fuel tank it propuley is a fuel pump. Please don't use to much starting fluid because it could mess up you mass air flow sensor. Get a timing light to check to see if it is timed right. Check to see if the coil is puting out the right voltage. Check the fuel system.

Eric 1
12-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Check the ECM (computer) on the truck. See if you smell gas around the EMC. I had to replace my EMC because the wiring drew the gas from the injector wire to the ECM. But I think it is probuley a fuel pump. If it is buzzing around the fuel tank it propuley is a fuel pump. Please don't use to much starting fluid because it could mess up you mass air flow sensor. Get a timing light to check to see if it is timed right. Check to see if the coil is puting out the right voltage. Check the fuel system.

Gas on the ecm????????????????

If there is NO buzzing then the fuel pump is not coming on.

Lovbcstiller
12-05-2004, 08:11 AM
If the seals on the injectors goes it draws gas trought the wiring harnes. That what happened to me.