PDA

View Full Version : how many customers

caz1
11-30-2004, 06:55 PM
how many customers before i go full time and quit my full time job

Fantasy Lawns
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
It's better to think in "income" .... how much income do you need to replace that "check' your getting

I'd say fore the average "solo" getting to atleast $2500 of monthly income is a good start ... that's $30k per year n is gross .... if the need is greater than that's the number

It's better to slowly grow into it .... least do it part time till you have a built list n equip than the final decision will be based on what your present cash flow needs are

Good Luck

shepoutside
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
ummmmmmmmm.............. one HUGE one, or,,,,,,,,,, 200 small ones, orrrrr somewhere in between ;) Depends on sooooooooo many factors !!!

KenH
11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Really depends on the quality of the accounts.

You need to figure out how much you need to make, see what the market in your area will pay, then take it from there.

Tulsa Lawn Guy
11-30-2004, 07:37 PM
That's a loaded question...

It depends greatly on you current financial status, like how much debt your in and what your personal living expenses are. The 'figure' can and will be completely different for different people...

westernmdlawn
11-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Hmm..., well....., Umm.... Oh, I know, As many as it takes.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-30-2004, 08:11 PM
To options you can try to replace your income which is the safe play say you make 25 or 30 a cut on average divide that in to your income goal and there you have it the number of accounts you need.

Then there is the way Mac and myself did it jump in feet first and don't look back I went full time with 0 accounts do you want to guess how motivated I was. That was 19 months ago and here I am 130 accounts later at nearly a quarter million a year gross. You decide what is right for you and how much stress you can handle.

Runner
11-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Also, don't just think about what it will take today to live. You need to figure out how much it will take to live, grow, and live 40 years from now, when perhaps you are not working but still need to survive. You need retirement, medical, prescriptions, etc.. Bottom line is, think ahead, and budget for this. I've seen to many people live high on the hog while they are working, but when it comes time to shut down, they don't have a firm piece of rock to stand on. You need to bank a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY to retire on your own.

Smithers
11-30-2004, 08:33 PM
another thing....you should tell consider/share what you do now and how much you are making. If you gross $150K, why quit to make $30-$60K?

I am a part timer as well, and was thinking the same thing (like you) when it was summer time and the checks were coming in.....but i have realized that having a steady paycked for doing 1/5 the amounth of work is really good too.

tiedeman
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
it depends on your finanical needs and wants

o-so-n-so
11-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Which is best. One job earning $100.00 or Ten jobs earning $10.00?

think dollars...not customers.