PDA

View Full Version : Call from Lesco

GrazerZ
12-01-2004, 09:29 AM
got a call from Lesco yesterday. My salesman was informing me that all fert prices werte going up by 5 to 10 percent across the board he said. He was trying to sell me on buying my fert with deminsion now for next year. I would'nt have to pay for it until june 2005. Thats ok I said, I will be using Barricede next year instead. For the past two years I've been very diappointed with deminsion. I live in Maine and still apply it for transision zone and get major breakthrough in some areas. when you calculate in the Drive 75 Barricade would'nt really be more money.
Also I called Symbiot about joining after my call from Lesco. I'm still thinking about it. I just need to get a handle on some of these Lesco prices. I like the products for the most part, I just hate the pricing system. I refuse to buy all of my stuff from one company so they try to put the price screws to me sometimes. It would be nice to do it to them.

cleancutccl
12-01-2004, 10:33 AM
I have been thinking about the symbiot network as well. Would you join purely for the price breaks or do you think you would end up getting a lot of contracts as well?

turf hokie
12-01-2004, 10:47 AM
I joined purely for price breaks and so I didn't have to worry to much about pricing.

If I plowed snow I had about 5 leads in my area.

I only joined in July so maybe there will be more leads in the spring.

Darr57
12-01-2004, 04:22 PM
I joined in '03, the savings on Lesco fert is only about 5% below what I was getting on my own. So far I haven't won a contract through them, only had the opportunity to bid on 1 snow account, 1 lawn care account. I don't think I will renew with them.

Green Dreams
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I saw the sign the other day...

scweedman
12-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Are there other co. than lesco? I found another co. in my area that was
cheaper and better. I also was sick of the prices and got really sick when i
look back at what i payed.
I have talked to others that were unhappy with demension results last year.

bushtrimmer
12-02-2004, 10:21 AM
I don't get it. What does break through with dimension got anything to do with dissatisfaction with Lesco? If you aren't happy with dimension, go to the higher rate Dimension or put down 2 apps of pre-m. The only time I've had breakthrough with dimension is when the ground cracks in dry times and then a lot of water, then some crabgrass coming up then. That would be the customers fault for not watering as per your detailed instructions you leave after application.
PRICING - It's up to the business owner to sell Lesco on pricing. Their pricing is not set in stone and can and will be negotiated. It helps when you buy a lot but they know everyone has to start somewhere. Tip... It's coming to the end of the year for them and numbers are a HUGE deal. Go in now and make a substantial early order. I think terms for early order are til June or something, make their day by ordering your first 2 rounds, you should get good pricing.
AND... How do you dis a sponsor like this thread does?

coastallandscapesolutions
12-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Take a look at John Deere Landscapes. Where I am at I am saving a ton of $$$ going through them. As an example, I just purchased a case of Image. Lesco Price was $ 90.65. I went to JD Landscapes and got it for $81.25 each. I have found that JDL is averaging 12% less then Lesco and they can get almost everything Lesco carries except TopChoice and they are working on that too.

PR Fect
12-02-2004, 04:10 PM
[AND... How do you dis a sponsor like this thread does?[/QUOTE]
Like this. Lesco's pricing system sucks. Every time, every price, needs to be "negotiated". What a pain. Yes, we buy from them, but what a pain.

bushtrimmer
12-02-2004, 05:51 PM
[AND... How do you dis a sponsor like this thread does?
Like this. Lesco's pricing system sucks. Every time, every price, needs to be "negotiated". What a pain. Yes, we buy from them, but what a pain.[/QUOTE]
This isn't true, have the rep put your pricing in the computer, a little more work for them, but they should do it. Their system works well if you know how to work them. It's set up for the professionals, I feel. If you're a professional applicator, all prices are negotiated up front.
Their computers put the screws to the homeowner that wants to get the same product you get. If you're having that much trouble with your salesman, maybe it's time to try someone else. But you have to develop rapport with your salesman like you would an important client.

turf hokie
12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
I saved 20-30% below their low tier pricing with LESCO. Maybe it is area? I don't know. As far as JDeere they seem to be about 5-10% higher everytime I price check with them. Again it could be my region. Who knows. Do what is best for you. So far it has worked for me, but I will be curious as to the results of a full season with Symbiot.

James Cormier
12-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Turf could you post some info on Symbiot, like how to join, how much the cost is , and anyother info that is important.

Thanks
jim

turf hokie
12-02-2004, 08:38 PM
$750 to become a member for the year. I did a phone interview after browsing their website. They look for a company that is growing, or has potential to grow. Just talk yourself up a little. They do only let in a certain number of people per area but I'm not sure how they figure that out. There are a lot of companies involved with them.

Check out the website and if you have any questions let me know. I will be glad to tell you how it went this year. I only joined July.

Also, Lesco and JDeere give rebates back at the end of the year. usually 3% of total purchases. so that is something to consider. my rebates this year alone will cover my membership dues.

here you go:
http://www.symbiot.biz/

Let me know your thoughts.

PR Fect
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Like this. Lesco's pricing system sucks. Every time, every price, needs to be "negotiated". What a pain. Yes, we buy from them, but what a pain.
This isn't true, have the rep put your pricing in the computer, a little more work for them, but they should do it. Their system works well if you know how to work them. It's set up for the professionals, I feel. If you're a professional applicator, all prices are negotiated up front.
Their computers put the screws to the homeowner that wants to get the same product you get. If you're having that much trouble with your salesman, maybe it's time to try someone else. But you have to develop rapport with your salesman like you would an important client.[/QUOTE]
Yes we are in their computer, Our Lesco only sells to " professionals". They direct home owners to Home Depot who carys Lesco's products. But what I said is very true unless you are buying something you all ready bought that season. And the first time you buy anything you need to haggle.

GrazerZ
12-02-2004, 09:08 PM
I said I like thier products for the most part. I don't like playing games. I have another local distributor that sells products also. Delivery is free even if I order 3 bags. I don't use them for everything because they don't have everything i need or like. As far as fert they are usally about 2-3$ per bag less. With lesco, I tell him this, and low and behold if I buy a minimum of this, and take delivery by this date, I get a decent price. To me thats a joke. It makes a professional distributor of products look like a used car salesman. I don't operate my buisness that way. My price is my price. Thats it. I do want a good value for my dollar. I'm not looking for the cheapest product.
I was interested in symbiot to get a grip on the games.

YardPro
12-03-2004, 06:21 PM
it all depends on where you are i guess.

here, we had alot of problems with lesco (we had bought from them for years). so now we use JD.

there are in the area 2X/ week and deliver anything we need no matter how small for free.