PDA

View Full Version : New Guys

John P.
12-02-2004, 09:45 PM
This is for all the first timers................what equipment do you guys want to have for the next season, how much are you guys looking to spend. Do you feel that you can't be a professional or be able to compete without a large commercial mower?

tiedeman
12-02-2004, 10:47 PM
even though I am not a first timer, I will answer this. Set up a budget for yourself to work with. So if you can only use a craftsman, then use the craftsman. Who cares what people will think about you just as long as you do quality work.

John P.
12-02-2004, 10:57 PM
very true .............good point I'm always thankful for the good advice!!

Thank you

tiedeman
12-03-2004, 01:12 AM
we all started out small. I started out with a 21 push mower, broom for sweeping sidewalks and driveways, and my dads trimmer

caz1
12-03-2004, 10:12 PM
thats all i have for now is craftsmen 21' mower sidewalk edger blower vac and trimmer it stuff i bought for my house and i plan on making it work till i can get the good stuff

Tim Louis
12-05-2004, 03:19 AM
i've worked my way from a 21" push to a 48" Lesco gear and am getting ready to buy a 52" exmark hydro. even though the lesco isn't one quarter of the mower that most companies have I have been able to tweek the mower, slow down and add different combinations of striping kits to it to compete with anyone. this last year i bid against the best in the buisness(where i'm from anyway) for a government contract, and of course i was cheeper cuz i'm not the best in the buisness, so i got the contract. At the end of the year the administrator advised me that i was sure to get the job in years to come because the city had received so many compliments on my work that they were getting tired of people calling in. Anyway i've mowed with the lesco for about four years and its been a bear. had my carpal tunnell surgery because of it and in a couple of weeks when I get my new exmark my motto is "work smarter not harder". Keep one thing in mind anyone can compete with anyone else if you use your head and take pride in your work

Mo Green
12-07-2004, 09:17 PM
A good attitude and lots of ambition can take you along way.