PDA

View Full Version : Cab Over Trucks

gene gls
05-23-2000, 11:10 PM
Short wheel base dump, small diesel,auto.Does any one use them? Good or bad???

yardsmith
05-23-2000, 11:52 PM
A friend of mine has one, but it's not a diesel. I believe it's an 88 or 89. <br>Vehicles vary depending on owners, but he has had to pour more $$ into that truck each month than he'd have to pay for a new dodge.<br>And the truck had good maintenance records.<br>When you start getting bigger than 1/2 to 1 ton pickups, you step up to the big boys as far as cost of repairs.<br>I suppose if you got a 94 or newer, or brand new with warranty, etc. & got rid of it before problems started plaguing it, you'd be alright. Definitely a handy vehicle though-better mileage, shorter turning radius, torquey, etc. If I could afford a newer one, I might get one.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

southside
05-24-2000, 08:30 AM
Over here cabover trucks are very common.<br>They are the only way to go,imo.I would'nt <br>have a diesel with auto though,stay with the<br>manual box.Both Isuzu and Mitsubishi make<br>excellent swb tippers. Both trucks should<br>last for ages.<p>Karl<br>

thelawnguy
05-24-2000, 08:33 AM
the local large operations have been switching to these gradually replacing the pickup-based dumps. They are, overall, cheaper and can carry larger (15k gvw) loads than conventional style one-ton dumps.<p>Majority sighted are GMC and Isuzu.<p>I myself have no experience with these.<p>Bill

paddy
05-24-2000, 12:41 PM
i think they look like a good idea too. if you were plowing, they wouldn't help much. Cause i haven't seen any with plows on them, too bad, great visibilty and manuevering would probably help there.

Guido
05-24-2000, 02:01 PM
Check out this site!! Its a pretty cool truck, probobly comes with quite a price tag though! <p>www.superlawntruck.com<p><p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti