PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Mulch Beds

bp418
12-03-2004, 11:33 AM
I just finished up a big mulch job at a residence. The total square footage was just under 3000. She would like me to maintain the beds, what is the best way to get the loose grass and leaves out of the bed. I hate raking because it takes out the mulch. Would a vacum of some sort be best? Thanks for the input.

LawnScapers of Dayton
12-03-2004, 01:12 PM
I use a BP blower at a very low speed.

Coffeecraver
12-06-2004, 06:57 AM
This time of year the perienials can be cut to the ground,the liriope can also be cut back. This makes the job easy with a blower.

:)

sildoc
12-18-2004, 12:34 PM
I think a hand held blower works better on beds at very low speeds. I say this becaouse it gets into area where you just cant manipulate you blower tube into.

The Yard Barber, Inc.
12-19-2004, 01:27 AM
I always use my BP blower to clean out the beds but like they said keep the speed low so that the mulch will not blow all over the lawn, then go around the edges of the beds on the edges of the grass with my push mower to bag all the leaves and grass clippings. You could use a shreader vac handheld blower combo at low speeds too at low speeds since leaves and grass are most of the time lighter than mulch