PDA

View Full Version : tuck tool box

stevesmowing
12-04-2004, 08:23 AM
I am looking for a tool box for my f150. I would like to keep it under $250 if possible. I looked at some at lowes and they seemed decent. Has anyone used either of these, if so how are the seals from keeping water and snow out? Thanks.

twwlawn
12-04-2004, 09:54 AM
I got a single lid cross-over from Lowes a few years ago, the seal on the lid did not do well. I made adjustments and still could not get it sealed right, blowing snow would get in the tool box. The other thing was the push button latch release system, the rods are enclosed and made cheap, the pins broke. That lasted one year and got rid of it. I was going to get a weather-guard, but those prices are up their. I bought one from www.northerntool.com and I still have it, going on two years with no problems.
twwlawn

vadeere
12-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Look at a UWS box. I have one they are the best in my opinion. www.agri-supply.com Good Luck

UNISCAPER
12-06-2004, 11:33 AM
We have had several different types, and, keep going back to Weathergaurd. Simply put, they are just built better. Yeah you pay $400.00 give or take, but the locks don't screw up like with Delta, or Dewalt or what ever aftermarket boxes are out there. For the $10.00 or so more, I would rather have my stuff on a solid box. Like comparing Snap on to Craftsman. Tool boxes in the trucks, we load with Craftsman. Tools in our shop, nothing but Snap On..

Eric 1
12-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I got one from a local junk yard, its the diamond plating with a single lid. I paid $80 for it off a wrecked truck. I have know idea what brand it is, nore do i really care, it does not leak. :D