PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Homes for spiders & other insects

Erdye
12-04-2004, 04:05 PM
I am wondering if this is done everywhere around the country or if this is something that is done just in my region. Northeast WI, Homes and cottages are usually sprayed during the spring and summer. I am just wondering if anyone else does this and what type of rig they have, which chemicals they use (most effective in general) how they bill and market such a service.

out4now
12-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Guys in AZ do it all the time. Good applicators do more than just spray some base boards with their B&G pumps though. Depends on what you're trying to control. Guys use various growth regulators, dusts like Delta dust, Max Force baits, all depends. Dursban for outside is the predominant choice here but there are several different ones used inside. Guys used to use Cypher 8 and Gentrol combos here. I have baits and dust and rarely any bugs around my place.

ArizPestWeed
12-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Where are ya in Az?
Phoenix area ?

Encapsulated and wp's are usually best for all pest .
Are you new in the bizz ?

I do it all year around , pest & weed control.

out4now
12-04-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm Scottsdale. Been Lic. for several years not doing anything with it because back in college again. Still keep Lic. up.

ArizPestWeed
12-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Are ya a QP ?
Or just certified ?
What categories ?

I'm a QP in weed T&O and soon to be QP in G. Pest.

Good money in pc .

Why change ?

out4now
12-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Just cert. although the language changed a few years ago because no one hiring could tell the difference between the two. At least htat was what the lawyer at the CEU class told us a couple of years ago. Turf and Orn. and Gen. pest. Not really interested in it. Got cert for a better job and got shot down for someone who had seniority. I was origanally a groundskeeper.Looking to move into white collar world. Better money, less dangerous work. Got sick of heat and interested in computers and stuff. Also got a CDL to work for city and didn't get that either because always hear " do you have a degree?" Funny thing is once I get my degree the work they were offing will be so beneath my capabilites (actaully is already) that I'd never do it for their offered pay. It couldn't even cover my loans on what they were offering.