PDA

View Full Version : 4-7pin....

RedWingsDet
12-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Hey, I have a quick question.... I cant seem to figure out how to connect the 7pin.. I have the brake controller and the 7 pin on the truck... And i have brakes on the trailer, but the trailer only has the 4 pin connected. I want to put the 7 pin on... How do I run it...

In the diagram you will see how I ran the 4 pin. And you will see the colors for the 7 pin, they dont match up. I was hoping to just cut the brown, green, and yellow wires for the 4pin and be able to hook it up to the 7pin, along with the brake ones...

So will I be able to do so? or will I have to run all new cable?

Thanks in Advance!

RedWingsDet
12-05-2004, 12:56 AM
or if even better yet someone would draw up the 7pin in "Paint" how i did the 4pin so I know exactly if i can just cut the brown, green, and yellow wires and connect em to the 7pin and then just add the rest of the colors. THANK YOU.

hopefully someone can help me within 6 hours, cause im pulling the trailer tommarow.. Only reason im doing it is, I lost my 4pin to 7pin adapter, plus i mine as well take advantage of the brakes sense I DO have the controller, and im selling the trailer, the buyer is picking it up this week, so i figured I'd be nice and hook up the 7pin for him!

Oh ya, I put new lights on it today, and ran new wires from the 4pin all the way back to the lights, and also re-did (drilled another hole) the ground to a better spot :) I might even spend $15 and paint it for him, but idk, its kind of cold and windy to paint it (on second thought ill leave it up to him) :)

Lovbcstiller
12-05-2004, 09:27 AM
goto http://www.accessconnect.com/trailer_wiring_diagram.htm. They have really good diagrams.
For you info
yellow=left turn
green=right turn
brown= tail lights
white= ground
blue=electric brake
orange= Aux Power
black= 12 V