PDA

View Full Version : Leaves? What about pine straw ?!?!

CURB APPEAL NC
12-07-2004, 06:47 AM
here its mostly pine straw to deal with. what do you guys do with it?

Mo Green
12-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Check the commercial lawn care forum, I think there is a very similar thread going on there.

boxoffire
12-07-2004, 11:03 PM
I recently did a leaf cleanup with straw combined and couldn't help but pick up much of it when I was raking and tarping to put it by the road for pickup. The guy I believe wanted all of it gone but what I ended up doing with much of it was using it as mulch around his pine trees. He didn't say anything about it but might have wanted it out. I thought it was a pain to try and seperate it. If it's all straw and no leaves I guess you'd just have to get it up. I do know it doesn't blow as well into piles using my backpack blower and a mower really can't get to it to mulch it very well. If another customer wants it gone I"m gonna take what I learned into consideration because it weighs much more and is harder to get up so they will have to pay extra as far as I'm concerned. I thought it looked good wrapped around his pine trees after I got all of his leaves up. Left some extra behind his garage in back by his fence and just spread it around.