PDA

View Full Version : I love not having to shovel snow

chevyman1
12-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Brought out the RedMax 7001 last night....we got 4 inches of the nice, medium to light snowfall, and did all of our paths and the driveway in less than half the time it would have taken with a shovel (and far more fun)!

HOMER
12-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Chevyman...............you live in Glens Falls? My Aunt lives there too. You know any Coso's?

BobR
12-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Chevyman1 -- We had the same (4" of fluff), dragged the Toro 2 cycle out of the shed and made quick work of it.. Was a fun day here, wife and I put up a x-mas tree for one of our customers and lit it (they decorate) when we started out the roads were clear on the way home I used 4wd a couple of hills (comfort factor) as the plows wernt out yet.

BobR

chevyman1
12-07-2004, 09:10 AM
actually live close to Saratoga, I had changed it to Glens Falls for a bit because some guy was PM'ing me saying he was going to steal my accounts if I kept winning bids in the area, so I made it seem I moved up the northway. But been there many times, and worked for the Red Wings out of college. Yeah Bob, that sounds like a nice day...we got our tree in Easton area on Sunday and put it up last night, very nice tree I must say

ozzys cuts
12-07-2004, 10:55 AM
:waving: Great Idea I will try my redmax 7001 next storm!

Albemarle Lawn
12-07-2004, 11:24 AM
On powerdery snows I have used my Redmax 7001.

The problem I have is kickback.....snow flies everywhere and you end up with wet shins, etc.

Has anyone used a power broom? I bought a nylon brush attachment for redmax, and plan to convert one of my weed-eaters to nylon brush for the winter? How well does it work?

Is nylon brush or rubber squeegee paddle better?

KB

tiedeman
12-07-2004, 11:53 AM
I have used a power broom before and I feel it take me longer than a shovel

out4now
12-07-2004, 11:55 AM
I love not shoveling snow as well since we never have any. :p The summer sun is no fun though..

grass-scapes
12-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I used the trimmer with the rubber paddle on it last year. it worked ok, but heavy. Just wish it was a bit lighter

tiedeman
12-07-2004, 06:28 PM
ya, I had one guy that did snow removal swear up and down on it (paddle). So I told him to give me a demo. By the time he started it, and finished up, I would have been done with the work and moving onto another one

Fareway Lawncare
12-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Don't Forget the Push Blowers.....

BackPacks & Push Blowers if it's Fluffy !

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13337&stc=1

LB Landscaping
12-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll try it on my own walks, I dropped all my shoveling contracts this year!!!! :cool2:

Lawnchoice
12-07-2004, 09:46 PM
I have used a power broom before and I feel it take me longer than a shovel

I totally agree. Not to mention I felt like a jackass out there with the thing.

lpwhandyman
12-08-2004, 12:02 AM
And she told me I was crazy for thinking my new Redmax would work for removing light snow on sidewalks. Thanks lawnsite for lettting me know I'm not crazy. ps: I'm having a hard time getting the blower started lately though. I remember reading about it a few months ago on here and it was a quick fix, just can't remember what it was. And yes I did a search already.