PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding

AEW
12-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Could anyone provide some good links for info on hydroseeding. Ive been interested in expanding into installs and was wanting some good information on this. Even some of you guys that provide this service...how did you get started in this and does it keep you busy or is it just an every now and then job? Thanks alot. :help:

impactlandscaping
12-07-2004, 04:09 PM
First, it helps to see what the current market is doing...if there are a lot of other guys already doing hydroseeding in your area, it will be that much harder to gain business being the "new guy". It helps to have some working knowledge of turfgrasses, soil ecology and fertilizer requirements as well. Everyone thinks it's as simple as spray and get paid...it's not. Proper preparation is essential as with any lawn install(sod , seed, or hydro), and proper care must be given after the lawn is installed( fert, h2o, follow ups, etc..) I figure in a return visit in my pricing for a week to ten days after a lawn is sprayed to make sure things are going well. If we don't get the maint. package for after care, once grass is up, the client is on their own. Proper customer education is also a biggie ...Most think hydroseed can just be sprayed, and no care is needed, like proper watering. I have had many people say "oh that's the stuff you just spray and forget about, huh?"..not as simple as that. I think offering Hydroseeding is a plus to any business, but as I said, it's about deucation both before and after the sale. It's a fairly low threshold entry(4K and up) to get into, and can be very profitable when done properly.We use premium chemicals and mix our own seed blends, so our price is higher than most I've seen on here, but there are three other contractors around here that offer HS, and we are all pretty close on pricing, even the lowest guy is still higher than the average of .08-.09sqft. Another guy on here to get input from is muddstopper...he is very knowledgeable about hydroseeding as well. I don't think you'll get too much input from a wide selection of people here...rather a wide input from a few...best of luck..-Bill

Links:

www.finncorp.com
www.turboturf.com
www.kincaid.com
www.easylawn.com
www.profileproducts.com
www.applegatemulch.com