PDA

View Full Version : Freakin wind............

Carolina Cutter
12-07-2004, 02:15 PM
I had 2 cleanups to do today. Got one done relatively easily. When I got to the next one the wind had started to gust to about 30 mph. And NOT in one direction. Everytime I tried to put the wind at my back it would blow a different way...............aghhhhhhhhhhh! I guess thats just Murphy's Law of leaf blowing.

Sorry needed to vent.................... :realmad: :dizzy:

KathysLGC
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Whats worse is when the wind starts just when you finish and ready to leave and the customer has no fence and the neighbor didn't do their leaves.....

gogetter
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
I had 2 cleanups to do today. Got one done relatively easily. When I got to the next one the wind had started to gust to about 30 mph. And NOT in one direction. Everytime I tried to put the wind at my back it would blow a different way...............aghhhhhhhhhhh! I guess thats just Murphy's Law of leaf blowing.

Sorry needed to vent.................... :realmad: :dizzy:

I reschedule if that happens. Just not worth it to work against the wind.

bobbygedd
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
yea, just think, if it's windy and rainy all fall, just reschedule till march :rolleyes:

gogetter
12-07-2004, 02:52 PM
yea, just think, if it's windy and rainy all fall, just reschedule till march :rolleyes:

He said 30mph gusts Booby. Let me know when you attempt leaf clean ups in wind like that so I can come by and sit in my truck and watch, laughing my ass off the whole time! LOL!

bobbygedd
12-07-2004, 02:55 PM
yup, but it's been either very windy or raining here for 2-3 weeks now. you have a choice, work in the wind and rain, but charge extra for it, or, call off work, don't get paid. what can you do?

gogetter
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
yup, but it's been either very windy or raining here for 2-3 weeks now. you have a choice, work in the wind and rain, but charge extra for it, or, call off work, don't get paid. what can you do?

That's right Booby, you just keep reading the parts you want so you can keep arguing. But I'll repeat it for ya: "30 mph gusts".

bobbygedd
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
i did it with 40-50 mph gusts

Kelly's Landscaping
12-07-2004, 04:26 PM
When its very windy I try to do accounts where it won't matter like homes surrounded by trees it blocks the wind a lot and sometimes you can make a go of it. The worst for wind are my beach accounts and its 30-mile per hour winds there on calm days its just part of the job. If the wind is so bad you cannot beat it then packing up and leaving is an option I did that once time this season no choice.

bettergrass
12-07-2004, 06:03 PM
bg does know about blowing in gust like these...if yall have scene the acts of god post....

so merlin why dont you pm bg and get some advice on how to do it in these conditions. i mean he did it in 50...your doing 30..thats soft to bobby

Carolina Cutter
12-08-2004, 09:34 AM
He said 30mph gusts Booby. Let me know when you attempt leaf clean ups in wind like that so I can come by and sit in my truck and watch, laughing my ass off the whole time! LOL!

Well you would have gotten a good laugh outta me yesterday..... ;)