PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the cars clean and SAFE???

Bunton Guy
12-07-2004, 04:39 PM
We are going to be taking on a few appartment complexes (hopefully) .Im just curious for those of you who do condos and such how do you keep the cars safe & clean and the sidewalks free of excess debree?? :help:

I had thought

a. run mulchers on the mowers that will be in close proximity of cars and buildings.

b. run baggers on mowers that are close to cars & buildings.

c. just screw it and mow!!

Im asking because a few weeks ago I happen to be mowing along a buisy road at a commercial account and hit a 4 inch bolt that a tractor trailer had lost and threw it through the back window of a 04 Mustang GT...not to mention it cracked the front winshield too!
Not to excited about mowing a complex that is FULL of cars at a close distance with alot of turning around and areas that can make for big trouble.

Branchland
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
I try not to discharge toward the cars. As far as some clippings or dust getting on them I don't worry about it. That's something to deal with being in a apt complex. After we are done we blow off the sidewalks and parking area the best we can. Like any other job. Just have your insurance up to date just in case.

grass_cuttin_fool
12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
I purchased an ''Advanced Shute closure'' grom Meg-mo. I think there are pictures on the "Bad Boy Mowers'' site, There are others made but I am familar with this one. Here is a link to that thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=84558&page=1&pp=10. I like it better than a mulcher because at times because of conditions grass can be too tall or wet to mulch, with this ASC you can close it when near cars , flower beds and sidewalks and then open it back up for regular mowing