PDA

View Full Version : Just Lost a Work Truck

Rhett
12-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Daughter just got rear ended by a Tbird and pushed into the reciever hitch on a Suburban. Surban 1 Nissan 0. Did not even know the dust off of the Suburan. Everyone thank goodness is OK. Scary phone call to get. Think I was more upset than her. Tbird had both air bags deploy and is basically a write off. Could of been much worse. Bad part is I know the damage is greater than value of the truck, but there is no way I could replace it for the 4000 value of the truck. What the heck< wonder if the new Mustang will pull my trailer.

RedWingsDet
12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Man that sucks, Sorry to hear that, glad everyone is okay!!!!

I guess its time for you to splurge and get that new 05 f-350 Super Cab Diesel!!! Well, at least thats what I'd be looking at if I was in your shoes!!!

Mo Green
12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
This is the best time of year for that. Great rebates and incentives.

Rhett
12-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Still have the Chevy diesel. This was my back up truck that my daughter drives to school and work. Also the newest vehicle in the drive. I think she is delusional. She is already looking at the adds for cars.

Eric 1
12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Glad to hear everyone is ok. It must be the season for accidents. I saw 2 today!

Hey Premier, when did you get the other F150?

HOMER
12-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Lost work truck = $$$$$

Retained 1 daughter......................priceless.

I worry about mine every day they leave the house. I've had one driving back and forth to Troy the last week and she has to call me when she arrives and when she starts to leave. She's 19 but I now know what my parents went through.

I'm glad she's dillusional! :D

Rhett
12-08-2004, 08:42 AM
You hit that right on the head Homer. Could really care less about the truck in the scheme of things. I can replace the truck. She is fine just a little sore this morning. Now the fun begins dealing with the insurance companies and looking for a different truck.

BobwithECLC
12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Buy the F-350 Diesel with the crew cab 4x4 it is the best. i guess I am a little biased because that is what I have but the seat heaters are sure nice @ 2 am when you are out doing side walks. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

LawnBoy89
12-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Good thing to know no one was hurt, that's always a relief.

Get an 04' ford superduty, and do it now. Around here they have some pretty good deals going but they will be over once all the 04's are gone.

HOMER
12-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Buy the F-350 Diesel with the crew cab 4x4 it is the best. i guess I am a little biased because that is what I have but the seat heaters are sure nice @ 2 am when you are out doing side walks. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Won't be doing any snow work in Destin!!! :cool:

Hey Rhett, I hear Destins growing like crazy, need any help down there......only a couple hours away!

RedWingsDet
12-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear everyone is ok. It must be the season for accidents. I saw 2 today!

Hey Premier, when did you get the other F150?

In august. Its for sale!

Precision
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
take the $4000, buy the truck back from the insurance company for $400 and use the insurance money to get it fixed.

Not having seen the truck I don't know if that will work, but quite often if you don't mind a sub perfect appearance, that will get your truck back and a couple of dollars in your pocket.

imograss
12-08-2004, 07:36 PM
I don't think the seat heaters would see much use in Destin. Glad she's OK Rhett. Good luck with the truck issue. When I was in Destin this year, I noticed most of the construction crews has 4x4's Is this because of loose sand?