PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tips

mtdman
12-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Normally I get about $100 in tips from customers. I don't ask or solicit, people just end up sending tips. $100 isn't that much, no biggie, but it's the thought that counts.

This past fall, the Yankee Air Force Museum that is located in the Willow Run Airport, which borders my storage area, went up in flames. 60 years of history dating back to ww2 was lost. Willow Run was the big plant that built bombers for the AF back in ww2, with a 1 mile assembly line and lots of cool old history. They have several old ww2 planes that they fly, especially a B17, which I dig and I'm really into. They saved the planes, which was cool. But all the displays and stuff went up in flames, and they are trying to replace it all.

So anyways, I was thinking that I'd give my tip money, plus a little more, to the Yankee Airforce Fund this year. I'd like to let my customers know that, but I don't want to make it look like I was soliciting for their tips or being greedy. I thought I'd put a little message in with the Christmas cards to let people know. Maybe it would get a few more $$ for the Yankee Airforce. Good idear, or not?

:D

DennisF
12-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Great idea! I worked for GM there at the Willow Run Assembly Plant until it closed in 1993. I visited the Yankee Air Force museum a number of times. Lots of history. I hope they can rebuild it.

Find out if they have an address where donations can be sent and post it here. I'd be willing to send a little help.

arborist-28
12-08-2004, 07:13 AM
That is very generous of you MTDman...That is what christmas is all about I think it to be an excellent idea ... cc

mtdman
12-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Great idea! I worked for GM there at the Willow Run Assembly Plant until it closed in 1993. I visited the Yankee Air Force museum a number of times. Lots of history. I hope they can rebuild it.

Find out if they have an address where donations can be sent and post it here. I'd be willing to send a little help.

Here's their website Link:

http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/index.html

I want to buy a ride on that B-17 next year. I love that plane.

:D

lawnranger44
12-08-2004, 01:35 PM
You could say Happy Holidays, etc. like you usually do...

Then at the bottom say something along the lines of "All tips this year go to the Yankee Air Force fund". You can't elaborate too much or else it will look like you are trying to force them to tip you. Just put it in big letters that catch their attention.