PDA

View Full Version : XMAS Tree Pickup....and marketing.

SprinklerGuy
12-08-2004, 10:53 AM
About 8 years ago when I was a hungry sprinkler man in Phoenix Arizona....i put a very small ad in a very large paper......for xmas tree pickup. I offered to pick up their tree for 5 bucks and in return they would get a coupon for $10 bucks off their next lawn sprinkler repair. It worked!! I got about 100 calls and the ad only ran one day.

Well, I have since become a very hungry sprinkler man in Colorado. I have been kicking around doing this idea again....and listing specific zip codes that I will give the coupon to. (Colorado springs is pretty spread out) But I am considering some changes to this offer. I am considering lawn maintenance and pressure washing as an additional service to provide in my new home town.

Free tree pickup
Discount on spring startup
Discount on spring dethatch/aeration combo.
discount on spring deck pressure washing...many decks here!

I have come across a great deal on a FULL PAGE AD in the paper....therefore I am considering this.

Just thought others would want to critique this idea. Imagine what you could do in a full page ad! Wow.

out4now
12-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Why in the world did you leave Scottsdale for Colorado? It's great here, the gridlock, the snooty people, the fact you have to drive 20 minutes minimum to do anything,slow driving annoying snowbirds all winter not to mention the 115 degree heat of the summer. Come to think of it, know of any other houses for sale on your block? :p

SprinklerGuy
12-08-2004, 11:35 AM
i think you figured it out!

Hey...where are you in Scottsdale...if you ever need repairs...I am still in business there...2 repair techs and one install crew.

Let me know!

Thanks,

out4now
12-08-2004, 11:39 AM
101 and Indian Bend roughly. Not in green industry now, stuck back at ASU finishing what I should have years ago but skull didn't start to soften till recently, lol.

Potchkins
12-09-2004, 11:43 PM
is it x-mas or CHRISTmas... jesus is the reason for the season

cleancutccl
12-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Personally I think the xmas tree discount is a great idea, however it won't work everywhere. In my location they pick up the trees for free if they are on the curb, guess I'm out of luck.

lafrance4078
12-10-2004, 05:52 AM
I think that I will try that here in a couple of weeks. THanks for the ideas!