PDA

View Full Version : Picked up another ride.

Eric 1
12-08-2004, 11:12 AM
I have been looking for something like this for some time. Something small and quick,powerful enough to pull the trailer if needed, but small enough to get some decent mpg. Here is what it came in.

1992 Chevy Blazer 2 door.
4.3 V6
Auto trans
Came with ac and all the bells and whistles.

This makes the 3rd red Chevy in a row i have owned. And 5 total. :dizzy:

This will be my "beater" drive around do whatever, to save wear on the 4x4.

The best part, I have about $700 in it. :cool:

Smalltimer1
12-08-2004, 11:35 AM
My ex-g/f's folks just sold one like that about 2 months ago. Almost identical just it was gray. Think they got the same thing for it too. You done good. :cool:

SouthernYankee
12-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey Eric 1,

what kind of landscaping do you primarily do? I still cant pm you because my account is still too new. I have a bunch of landscaping questions about Ga and I was wondering if I could get your email address, if not I could just post here. thanks SY

Eric 1
12-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey Eric 1,

what kind of landscaping do you primarily do? I still cant pm you because my account is still too new. I have a bunch of landscaping questions about Ga and I was wondering if I could get your email address, if not I could just post here. thanks SY

I dont normally give the email out, but ok. ejldjl@alltel.net.

fga
12-08-2004, 06:12 PM
clean little truck.
you do know that a small block chevy can squeeze right in there with with a set of cheap motor mounts! then you can have bells, whistles and a bad@ss exhaust thump.. :cool:

its starts every winter... my daydreams of turning wrenches on a nice ride. :help:

LawnBoy89
12-08-2004, 06:14 PM
That's a good looking truck. I'm going to buy a beater truck like that too when I'm old enough to drive, hopefully it will look just as good.

Eric 1
12-08-2004, 06:34 PM
clean little truck.
you do know that a small block chevy can squeeze right in there with with a set of cheap motor mounts! then you can have bells, whistles and a bad@ss exhaust thump.. :cool:

its starts every winter... my daydreams of turning wrenches on a nice ride. :help:

I am well aware of that, in fact, I have a bare 350 on a stand in the shop right now. :D

It is going in next week for some exhaust work. :cool:

Eric 1
12-08-2004, 06:35 PM
That's a good looking truck. I'm going to buy a beater truck like that too when I'm old enough to drive, hopefully it will look just as good.

I will sell it to you. payup payup payup

p.s. I like your sig.

UNISCAPER
12-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Find yourself a 454 and turbo 400 to drop in that beast. Could be a fun toy!

Eric 1
12-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Find yourself a 454 and turbo 400 to drop in that beast. Could be a fun toy!

Can you say OVERKILL!!!!!!!

I am more of a small block dude, if i was to do a conversion it would get a rebuild 350, with a small cam headers and an Edelbrock intake setup. 350 turbo with shift kit. Then it would need to be lowered about 1'' in the front and 2'' in the back with a sway-bar package and stiff shocks, some new wheels and wider tires..........................Now it 'starting to sound like fun. :alien:

fga
12-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Can you say OVERKILL!!!!!!!

I am more of a small block dude, if i was to do a conversion it would get a rebuild 350, with a small cam headers and an Edelbrock intake setup. 350 turbo with shift kit. Then it would need to be lowered about 1'' in the front and 2'' in the back with a sway-bar package and stiff shocks, some new wheels and wider tires..........................Now it 'starting to sound like fun. :alien:I also love the small block. the Big bolock looks awesome under the hood, but i love the high rpm scream of a 350 block. with all the technology today, you can go just as fast i think.

Eric 1
12-09-2004, 11:39 AM
I also love the small block. the Big bolock looks awesome under the hood, but i love the high rpm scream of a 350 block. with all the technology today, you can go just as fast i think.

I agree.

A 350 at about 5k rpm's with headers and no cats and dual 40 series flowmasters, or open header. AAHH BABY come to papa!!!!!!! :cool2: :drinkup:

Eric 1
12-09-2004, 11:46 AM
But this is a nice 454!

Eric 1
12-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Here is another toy with a 454.

I will have to get a pic of my baby later, it's raining right now.