PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of jobs and stuff...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Here's some pictures of what I have been busy doing over the summer. A lot are first because I am slowly expanding...

Retaining wall for gram and gramps...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:05 PM
another pic of the retaining wall...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
first pond install right before i was finished...

LawnBoy89
12-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Looks good man.

That pond is real nice.

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:07 PM
another retaining wall...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:08 PM
another pic of the wall...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
first paver patio install (before)...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:13 PM
paver patio after...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:14 PM
paver patio after 2...

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
first day of deer hunting ever and the second deer i saw...

gogetter
12-08-2004, 06:34 PM
A few questions (keeping in mind that I don't do any hardscaping).

Why is the first retaining wall mortared together? Wouldn't it normally just be dry stacked?

And on the paver patio, why is it lower then the original concrete slab? It looks like it's sitting lower then the rest of the grade. No?

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-08-2004, 06:47 PM
I used mortar to make the retaining wall more permanent. Also, the type of stone that I used would be very difficult to dry stack because the tops and bottoms were no where near being smooth. Personally, I like the mortared look, but that's just personal opinion.

I can see where it looks like the concrete patio is flush with the bottom of the door. However, there is about 6" of concrete (from the wall) that is painted the same color as the concrete. If you look at the 'after' picture, you can see where it is still painted the same color. The elevation of the paver patio is actually about an inch or so higher than it's original elevation.

Thanks for the comments!

MidSouthLawn
12-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Great job on the walls and the patio. Did you install the pavers on concrete? Beautiful BUCK... :D

Kohls Landscaping Co
12-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks! No, I ripped out the concrete w/a jackhammer and removed it.

Smithers
12-25-2004, 07:54 PM
khols,

really nice work. especially on the pation...very nice.

one question....how much did you charge for the second retaining wall, since the first one was relatives. how much for the patio?

also, how long did each project pictures took you.

guess it was more than one question. :blob3: :blob3:

Mclaughld
01-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Wow, great job with the patio. The walls look great too

Kohls Landscaping Co
01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks George and Mclaughld.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've been home on break and don't get on the computer much back home.

I'm back at school and can't remember the exact pricing for the jobs. I'd also like to say that they were firsts and I was happy to get the job so I didn't price the jobs as high as most people would probably 'expect.' I actually built the retaining wall (out of block) by the hour for a friend's family. They were happy and so was I at the end. I will be able to use the wall as a reference for future jobs and also bid accordingly. I gave a bid for the patio and was 'fairly' happy with my bid. It was another one where it was a first and I can now bid accordingly for future jobs after finishing it.

The retaining that was mortared and I used natural stone would have been around 2500 dollars to install. (I installed it at my Grandparent's house it it wasn't the first time that I installed one). That price would have included materials and labor.

Thanks for the comments!

Dave