PDA

View Full Version : ? about LESCO Z turn riders

Yardbird
12-09-2004, 07:32 AM
I would like to know if anyone here is familiar with Lesco 54" Z-two Rider, I'd like to know how well it cuts as far as the deck floating, it's set up isn't like most others I've seen, & overall quality. THANKS

YardPro
12-09-2004, 08:21 AM
it's a cub cadet, so you'll probably find out more info about them.

also there was a post a week or so about this.
do a search and you'll find whay you need.

Mo Green
12-09-2004, 08:45 AM
I've been wondering the same. I checked them out and they seem to be very well built. I have heard they cut very well. The model that I have looked at are about $1000 cheaper that any comparable machine. Money talks...

chefdrp
12-09-2004, 11:16 AM
its a wonderful machine and good friend of mine has one. It cuts great annd if you care about stripes it does that very well stock. no need for a roller or other kit. It has a roller already on it. Check out the cub tank. same mower. they are made by MTD. It floats well and has the front end that contors the ground. Articulates i think thats what its called.

SouthernYankee
12-09-2004, 12:56 PM
If you go through the posts for the z2, you will find mixed opinions about this ztr. Some people love them some hate them, although I must admit that I am looking at getting a 48" lesco z2 , mostly because of what a good price it is at around 5500 new.

I have a wb 48" gear that has been a really good mower over the years, no problems other than belts and oil changes. I would also be interested in anyones opinions out there about the lesco z2.

Travis Followell
12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
I think the Lesco's and Cubs are built very well. IMO one of the best built mowers out there. I've never used one but i've several people that have them say they are very good machines. Have also seen some pictures of lawns that were cut with them and the stripes and overall cut was great. You couldn't go wrong buying one.

YardPro
12-09-2004, 06:42 PM
we have had alot of lesco stuff.

the only problem is that they sub out the unit. every few years they change thier manufacturer. ( weedeaters, blowers etc, used to be ecco, then they swithced).

after they switch brands they no longer keep stock on the old brand. part availibility becomes a pain.
even if you know who the manufacturer is the lesco model and serial #'s will not cross referance

anteater6788
12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
I've done a fair amount of research on the Lesco Z2/Cub Cadet Tank mower's and I've found that alot of people don't like them but basicly all of those people have never owned one. I've spent many hours reading every post in the archives on this site that covered these mowers and I can only remember maybe three or four post with owner's unhappy with these mower's and I think two of those got resolved with help from other members here. I know the Tank's have one of the better warranty's for a commercial ZTR so that say's alot about their durability.

riches139
12-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Good machine and cut.
No cig lighter or cup holder :realmad:

Travis Followell
12-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Good machine and cut.
Order a cup holder from the dealer. They couldn't cost much.

wissel_landscaping
12-09-2004, 09:04 PM
the 48" lesco 17hp kawi $5,500
48 cub cadet 17hp kawi $3,899
54" lesco 23hp kawi $9,880
54" cub cadet tank 23hp kawi $7,899
same machine but cub cadet has a better price.
i love my 54" cub tank 24hp honda

Mo Green
12-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow... I would have thought the Cubs would be more expensive than the Lesco.

I was quoted $5600 for the Lesco 48" with a 19hp kawasaki.

wriken
12-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Good machine and cut.
you can get a cup holder as an option.

Yardbird
12-10-2004, 07:11 AM
I appreciate your help, especially the Cub Cadet comparision, their site is very informative & the Lesco is the same mower from what could tell. From what I've heard on here I think I'm going to purchase the Lesco 54" w/23hp kaw.