PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the last good day in the Northeast

lawnguyland
12-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Rain on friday 12/10. Cold next week. Today may be the best day we'll have for a long while. Hopefully not, but I'm gonna go kick some arse today. Crappy weather the next day is always a good motivator for today. Have fun out there boys and girl.

YardPro
12-09-2004, 08:40 AM
65-70 here the last few days
good luck getting it done.
glad we don't have to worry about stuf like that.

impactlandscaping
12-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Rainy and wet here today, but it has been around 50-60's everyday. Nice enough I got some grass up quickly on a new lawn install from 8 days ago. Looks like most of it is heading up towards NY :p . I'm not offering plowing this year, so I really don't care how much snow we get, I just need a few more decent weeks to wrap up some walls and such. :D

Lawn-Scapes
12-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Steve.. why no plowing?

I MEAN BILL.. Sorry.. I just got off the phone with someone named Steve :dizzy:

impactlandscaping
12-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Tom, too many rednecks with 4x4's around here killing the market. Our plow shop had sold a total of 64 plows in 2002. Last year in October, they had already sold 115 with a 6 week wait for installs. We had 16 nice HOA and commercial accounts for 4 years, and made nice money from them, but it was only a matter of time before it happened. Everyone blew their wad in Feb. 2003 with the major storms we had here, and tried to rationalize Feb. 2002's visits(avg. 5) to Feb. 2003's visits(avg. 16). They all wanted to scale back landscape maintenance and mowing for the summer as well after that. So, long story short, everyone wanted to open for re-bid, and we got some ridiculous numbers thrown back at us. One development in particular, we charged $ 200.00 per push, 2" min., with salt, and they called me back with bids of 125.00 and one of 65.00!! They don't care about insurance, comp., liability issues , all they could see was a bottom price. Oh, they all appreciated our timeliness and efficiency, but needed us to lower our prices in line with the other bids..NOT!! I sold both trucks, plows and spreaders this April, and to someone out of state at that.