PDA

View Full Version : do you charge differently on leaf clean ups?

BryPaulD
12-09-2004, 09:19 AM
depending on the kind of leaves?? Like the oaks and maples just fly away, but the weeping willows and elms...........those lil jerky things anyway. And what about when the leaves fall pretty good and you go blow em' out, then they fall again some more, do you go back and charge the same again? Thanks :)

ozzys cuts
12-09-2004, 10:14 AM
:waving: I don't go back unless they ask.that way I can charge a small amount, but as far as the different leaves it works out in the end some clean ups are easy some are a little more difficult

Rustic Goat
12-09-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't consider the 'type' of leaf (debris) to be removed, but per job, how long is it going to take to complete the clean up.

Do a good job in the first place, and no, a return trip should not be included unless you're billing includes that for some reason in the first place.

Most likely, before you ever leave the job site, new leaves will have fallen/been blown in, so how would you ever get ALL the leaves. Unless it's late enough in your area's season for them all to have fallen.

Clients that want early season clean ups will almost certainly need additional work later in the season. If they are regular clients (not just clean up work) the additional clean up can be done by regular mowing. You're just not cutting the grass in many instances, you're mulching leaves, charge for a mow.

walker-talker
12-09-2004, 02:12 PM
No...I charge by the hour so it really doesn't matter.

BryPaulD
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
thanks for the input. I just wondered. I have both kinds at my house, and the willow and elm really hold their leaves longer. I had to blow both and those lil' willow leaves suck.

pgiambat
12-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Mostly I charge what I would for a cut plus 1/3 more to the closest $5. A $25 turns into a $30 leaf cleanup. If it is a hard one to call I'll tell them $1/minute and I'll work fast.