PDA

View Full Version : Budgeting for 05

meets1
12-09-2004, 09:43 AM
I am not one who budgets alot although I do have a Fiancing degree that I find is very helpful but I don't always submit that knowledge into my business.

Point is what are you guys doing for the new year?

% increase / descrease in advertising, equipment purchase/rental, employee wages, building expeditures?

just curious has to what some of you guys are planning for 2005?

Lawn-Scapes
12-09-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm planning to increase current client pricing by 7-10%. I'd like to double my workload and hire a full time employee. The only advertising I will be doing is fliers. I have everything I need for a 2 man crew. The only equipment purchases I'd like to make for next year would be for leaf clean ups. Vacuum for DC and one for the truck. 2004 was a good year for me. I hope 2005 will be twice as good. :D

What's a budget? :)

bettergrass
12-09-2004, 04:36 PM
NEW ZTR HOPEFULLY

lawnranger44
12-10-2004, 01:14 AM
I plan on almost doubling the amount spent on advertising. We have all the equipment we need for now so hopefully equipment expenses will be ZERO. We hope to keep employee expences around the same...LOW.
Hoping money and time spent on advertising will increase mowing clients by about 66%. Hoping to increase gross profits by about 20%.

rodfather
12-10-2004, 07:36 AM
I bought 2 more 61" WB's this year and another truck, so expenditures for 2005 I haven't really considered. As for increased revenue, we are up 23.8% in 2004 and 22.9% in 2003. I'm not sure if we will do another 20+% increase in 2005, but it would be nice.

Advertising in any form (flyers, newpaper, Yellow Pages, etc.) we have never done in 11 years (referrals is where all our new business comes from). My guys get paid pretty well as it is (15 - 20 an hour) so I am looking at keeping it there with perhaps some kind of bonus/incentive system.

bettergrass
12-11-2004, 12:41 AM
i like the idea of bonus and incentives. get helpers to work harder.

i forgot to mention also plan to budget for 1k to 2k in advertising. gonna swamp the area with fllyers and get in every phone book i can find

AEW
12-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I am hoping on buying a new ZTR to get things done quicker. Other than that increase advertising..especially with flyers...hit target areas big time this year. I really would like to have a tighter run. Not so spread out.

sildoc
12-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Changing my Advertising stratagy. Last year I spent almost a grand on 2 Yellow page adds Gained 3 new customers and many onetime jobs. This year I am dropping one of the adds and Going to rely on my current customers to advertise for me.
I have already started by adding to the christmas cards a 25.00 off one months service for referal and one year signed contract.
I also have 4000 door hangers left from last year. I am going to target specific areas and houses in the areas I allready service.
As for what else??? This year every piece of equiptment is paid off and still has a good 3-5 years left in it (except the hand held equiptment). And right now there is no need for any other equiptment. If this spring goes good I am budgeting for a part time employee. Currently my Cousin is helping me keep up on spring and fall cleanups but he is getting really busy himself and I need to find someone that I know that will be there( and not family).

bettergrass
12-11-2004, 03:56 PM
sildoc....how much can you expect to pay to put a half page in the phone book. i figure if im putting a ad in im going all out and doing it like that. honestly when i look for a company to do some sort of service, i dont go scanning through the listing i just look for the one wiht the big advertisment in there. plus i was told by a property manager that thats were they look to get bids on there property

sildoc
12-11-2004, 04:07 PM
sildoc....how much can you expect to pay to put a half page in the phone book. i figure if im putting a ad in im going all out and doing it like that. honestly when i look for a company to do some sort of service, i dont go scanning through the listing i just look for the one wiht the big advertisment in there. plus i was told by a property manager that thats were they look to get bids on there property

I don't actually have a half page add. Mine is 3x5 add and cost me about 500 for the year. The quote that I had for a half page add was 1700 a year.
I tend to find alot of price shoppers in the yellow pages but in return all of my commercial accounts come from the yellow pages adds also. That is why I am not completly getting rid of the yellow pages add altogether.

Precision
12-11-2004, 07:01 PM
advertising, keeping my ad in a local targeted paper. BY FAR my best advertising from last year. Going to target market a few neighborhoods with flyers probably 2500 x3 locations.

Looking to double my client base from around 30 to around 60
Looking to get less mow and blow and more multi service accounts.

Looking to add a full time helper

Got plenty of equipment this year, but might buy a newer (diesel) truck mid season.