PDA

View Full Version : What's faster for you, mulch or haul leaves.

dishboy
12-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I just billed out for last month and was comparing leaf removal times. My first time through I blew out the beds, blew my leaves into piles, barreled the piles off and mowed the yard. All the remaining I visits I blew the beds and everything onto the lawn, spreading them out evenly, then ran my HRC 216 mulching with the double blades then bagging with either the 36 or my other 21. Interesting finding, all my times were at least 15% to 20% faster with the mulching method. Amount of leaves was similar on the compared lawns. Plus dump time is now insignificant since volume has reduced 10 to 1.

Anybody else time track mulching verses hauling, how did it work out for you?

CharlieBingo
12-09-2004, 05:43 PM
I tracked time as well, some cleanups we did in half the time!

grass_cuttin_fool
12-09-2004, 05:46 PM
I never actually timed it but I know that mulching for me this year was faster then any other way I ever have done. I didnt clean out the beds till the last cleaning, my customers were thinking like me, clean them out and the leaves get right back in them so wait till the leaves are off the trees and then clean them out. Also the grass grew about an extra 4 weeks here this year with the moisture and temps so I actually was cutting grass and mulching leaves at the same time. I dont think I did an actual leaf clean up this year they were all grass cuttings

bobbygedd
12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
times are better mulching, but the big saver is no trip to the dump, and no dumping fees

YardPro
12-09-2004, 06:39 PM
that's a no brainer
mulching is ALWAYS faster.

rockhouse
12-09-2004, 08:04 PM
After I mulch all year including leaves I offer to use my accelerator to bag anything that's left. I either use this as flowerbed mulch or take it home, compost it & sell it back to them next year.